Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo, ends open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Not 100%, but the pics I saw to the El Paso shooter, he was using an AK47 style rifle, not an AR with a brace.

Dave
You are correct Dave. The Dayton guy had a pistol for sure. I was busy this weekend so haven’t followed the Odessa thing much. What weapon was used in that?

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think they will have "clearance" prices...they will just not restock.

And as to the comment about the boycott w/ Dick's? Yes, that worked...they even upped the ante and will (have?) stopped selling all guns. And Gillette? Yeah that has REALLY hurt their bottom line. If you are boycotting Gillette...does that include EVERY PRODUCT sold by P&G (the parent corporation).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 93

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The El Paso WM shooter and the idiot in Dayton used almost identical AR pistols. Look for pistol braces to gain attention too. They could go down like bump stocks

Now that you mention it, I thought I had heard something about that shooter using an AK pistol.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Walmart and ain't gonna lie about it. I can say buying a couple firearms there recently was a major PIA and took way to long. One store the two guys working there even joked about it. When I said it took way to long the dude strait face said you should see how long it takes to buy a nerf gun. I did laugh at that one. If they weren't a steal I would have gone elsewhere. The one closest to my house normally has a couple folks working in the sporting goods section and are always friendly and offering to help when they see you. I have bought some ammo there but it is a pain to wait for them to get someone to go behind the counter and unlock it. In all the times I have been in Walmart I have seen more fishing or hunting licenses sold than anything and some shot shells. People buying guns and ammo hasn't been very common.

If my LGS is close in price I will normally buy from them. Otherwise if Academy has a sale I will venture in there and stand in their endless line with one register open. I will say every-time I am in Academy there is always people on the ammo isles. I agree Academy has to be lovin-it!

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure Atwood's and Academy thank Wal-Mart for this decision.
A buddy told me the Owasso Atwoods had stopped carrying guns. Anyone heard of Atwoods getting out of guns and ammo? I know the last ad they had was pretty light. Normally they have a full page of sale stuff.

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy told me the Owasso Atwoods had stopped carrying guns. Anyone heard of Atwoods getting out of guns and ammo? I know the last add they had was pretty light. Normally they have a full page of sale stuff.

No the one in Owasso had guns, ammo ARs and an Anderson lower about a week ago. Sand Springs has plenty too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom