Walther P99 9mm vs. Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The mag release throws me off. All my other guns are push button right behind the trigger guard, but the Walther/SW99 variants (including the P22) are that funny lever release.

Haven't owned a Glock long enough to comment further.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've owned several of both. Hands-down, it's the Walther for me. The head designer of the Walther was Horst Wepst (sp), who was originally of Steyr and GLOCK fame (go figure). The interchangeable backstraps to fit any size hand, decocker, the softer contours and ambi mag release are just a few of the features that you'll find on p99 and not GLOCK. Another thing to consider is how you can get the P99 in several different trigger configurations. If you like the striker-fired GLOCK, then you should check out the P99 QA. My favorite is the AS (Anti-stress), it rawks!

I also personally prefer the European style mag release of the Walthers & HK's. I find it much easier to use for me and haven't had a problem with the P99, although I admit that it does feel cheesy on the P22. But, comparing a P99 to P22 is like comparing a porsche to a pinto.

I'm not dissing the G19. I have had several of them and they are my favorite GLOCK's. I just personally find the Walther to be a MUCH better choice for me.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot both the Walther P99 and Glock 17 in action pistol competition. I actually prefer the ambidextrous mag release of the Walther and S&W99 series as wello as their better ergonomics. Unfortunately not as many accesories (22 conversion kits) are available for the Walther/S&W line as for the time honored Glock produts. In terms of relaibility no difference. Small difference in accuracy in favor of the Walther /S&W.

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would still by another Glock even if they cost twice as much. They are a little bulky and ugly as hell but it is a very reliable, proven, and durable handgun. My Glock 19 has over 6000 rounds through it this year alone and it has NEVER jambed or failed to fire. I love my Glock and after owning 4 of them I know that I will own more............Just one shooter opinion. The others are fine as well but nothing is "superior" to any Glock.
CHEERS

Latest posts

Top Bottom