walther sp22 opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice little gun with the short barrel. The long barrel setup is worthless in my opinion. I have the kit with both, and will never use the long barrel again. Probably would sell it to someone foolish enough to want the conversion. Balance is wrong, looks silly, fasteners shoot loose after a while, and while it may be a little more accurate, this gun isn't about accuracy. it's a fun little plinker,and great for starting new shooters.

If it does not shoot reliably at first, break it in with hotter (and more expensive) rounds like stingers, etc. Took mine about 400 rounds to really smooth out and be reliable. Now it eats anything. CB

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the opposite of bass... I have both barrels but I don't like the short one.

There are a lot of things you can do to a p22 to increase it's reliability... I've done lots of work to mine, infact, it will feed subsonics.

boomermet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone have experience with this gun. likes? dislikes?

I have one that my wife shoots...This is good website on everything P22.

http://www.spentbrass.com/

Its fun to shoot, mags are expensive and hard to get, seems to shoot CCI mini mags and stingers best...short barrel is ok...longer conversion looked kinda flimsy to me. disasembles for cleaning somewhat diffferent than others, need a supplied tool....Check the link out

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got Sp22 M3:
Trigger is horrid - the adjustments are completely useless.
Safety is horrid - in a bad spot and very sensitive to go back to safe.
Mag release is in a bad spot.
After getting over those - very accurate gun that is pleasant to shoot. Worth the price? Probably not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom