Wannemachers Speculations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfer69

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years of gun-shows, I have one absolutely beautiful memory.

A goober was standing in front of my table (not buying my stuff - just using oxygen) explaining to another guy loitering with a DelToon about how superior his Noveske AR was.

The conversation was going well until the DelToon guy asked how much the Noveske was. When he was informed, he just laughed and laughed.

The Noveske owner turns to me, and asks me to explain to the guy why his gun is worth that much.

At that point, I explained to the other fellow that indeed the Noveske was the finest, polished, plastic turd, designed by the Air Force military rifle, in the world.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheap will be the word of the day. Dealers sitting on aging inventory will be liquidating.

I hope, but I'm more convinced that it will be "dealers still sitting on aging inventory on Monday morning." The last few local shows I've been to have still had some stupid-high prices. I'm not expecting any more from all of the dealers coming from here, there, and everywhere. Hope I'm surprised, because I wouldn't mind bringing a few home.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheap will be the word of the day. Dealers sitting on aging inventory will be liquidating. Ammo profiteers will be lucky to make it out of the building unscathed.
I'm thinking not en masse... The attitude I've seen over the last couple years has really been, "I don't care what the market is, I'm not selling unless I make $XXX-ridiculous profit. I'll go broke and out of business before I sell for less than that, just on principle." Seriously... I haven't seen a "deal" at a show in ages.

I think ammo prices will still be higher than what you can find locally or online, especially for .22 LR.
^^^This. Matter of fact, I'm thinking it will still be higher than Wally World prices. Which pretty much means there's no need for me to buy it.

I hope, but I'm more convinced that it will be "dealers still sitting on aging inventory on Monday morning." The last few local shows I've been to have still had some stupid-high prices. I'm not expecting any more from all of the dealers coming from here, there, and everywhere. Hope I'm surprised, because I wouldn't mind bringing a few home.

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree. I'm really not going to the show to buy anything. Maybe a few little odds and ends. Just mainly going for the spectacle and to get away for a weekend after busting my ass at work the last two weeks. And maybe see some fat people in HoverRounds running over morons who don't know to get out of the way...

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoping to go before work and walk around, probably won't be buying anything mainly want to look around and see if i find anything worth buying. Unless i decide to offload a pistol to get a decent revolver.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since cash is a bit low this year I will no doubt find the bargain of the year for something I really want and could get... if I had the cash.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think it's going to be exactly like every other gun show in recent years, viz. merchants asking waaay too much for merchandise that can be found much more reasonably on places like gunbroker.

I had thought about going, but changed my mind. It's not worth the effort.

Now that I've said that, everyone of you are going to go and find some woman who's found out her husband has a girlfriend, and she's gonna be selling his collection of Lugers for $50 each.

That would be my luck.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1/3rd of OSA members who go will have a great time at the show, haggle a deal or two and post about it.

2/3rd of OSA members who go will gripe about everything, pay too much for something, and post about their misery.

That is my prediction.

See you at the big show!

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm only looking for cases so hopefully I can find a fair deal. I'd just rather see the quality in person rather than ordering off the internet.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1/3rd of OSA members who go will have a great time at the show, haggle a deal or two and post about it. 2/3rd of OSA members who go will gripe about everything, pay too much for something, and post about their misery. That is my prediction. See you at the big show!
This for the WIN !!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom