Want to recommend a pair of gloves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
which are great for hunting or shooting in cool or cold weather.

These F.J. winter golf gloves, at around $20/pair, are really nice for shooting and hunting, with the super-grippy plams. Also good of course for golf, driving, and just general cold weather wearing. They're not the warmest gloves in the world, but they are the warmest *among those* with a great thin/tactile grip, and cheaper than many other expensive leather gloves with a poorer grip/feel.

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=46

Footjoy Wintersof is what they're called. No I don't work for them; just like them.

During COLD weather hunting, wear these UNDER your fleece/wool/thinsulate "flop-top" mitten/glove combos, and keep the top closed on non-shooting hand and open on shooting hand and you stay pretty warm, espec. if your flop-tops have the zippered pouch for the chemical hand warmers.

Just thought I'd share a positive experience with a product. You can easily find these on the 'net and at most local golf shops.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used the same ones for a few years now and I love them, good call Dr. Tad. But instead of wearing them under a pair of flop tops I wear a handwarmer pocket around my waist with chemical handwarmers inside. Que someone telling me that I need to have my hands freed up better.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up.
I don't have a clue where they came from but early in my deer hunting career, my dad gave me a pair of paper thin gloves he said were made of silk. I wore them for years under my flop back mittens untill they self destructed. It was like wearing surgical latex gloves, but they were warm? this was in the early 80's.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably not water proof? I have never found a decent pair of gloves to wear fly fishing in the cold and wet.

If you do find some - let some of us duck hunters know - I hate most of the gloves I've got my gear-stash, and I ultimately end up just taking along like 2-3 extra pairs.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under armor just came out with some new ones that have pretty good grips on them. Bad thing is you have to buy the outer shell and the inner shell which adds up to about $60 I believe? Very nice gloves tho and some sweet camo patterns. I'm asking for them for christmas since I got to check out my buddies pair. Here's a link to the outer shell.. http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...d106605C-Men-s-Hurlock-Camo-Glove/106605C-399

and I believe this is the liner which can be used as gloves by themselves. http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/...id106610C-Men-s-Camo-Liner-Glove-/106610C-376

firepolicedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the under armour cold gear liner gloves this year. I have wore them on every outing and have not had my hands or fingers get cold. The fit a lot like latex gloves (nice and tight) and really hold in the warmth. I have noticed several times when I scratched my nose or face while in the stand that I could feel the heat coming from my hands. I have only wore a pair of flip tops over them once and my hands actually were to warm. Little expensive but great for warmth. They have good grips on the outside and seem to be somewhat snag proof. I walked a 40 acre tract Sunday thru briars and never snagged once. I don't think they are waterproof (sucks) but I highly recommend them.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Seal skinz gloves, waterproof, just not going to be a cold weather glove. It was 44 degrees today on the Lower Illinois river with a slight breeze, I was fly fishing, my hands didn't freeze but were cold. I like the fit, not bulky, which is good for using a fly rod but not a cold weather glove. The inner part is the waterproof part, the outer part is not waterproof. So your hands can be dry but the glove is wet and with a slight breeze and cold weather, that makes for freezing hands. Handling fish the gloves get wet. I would recommend them if you can keep your hands from getting really wet and its not really cold.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Seal skinz gloves, waterproof, just not going to be a cold weather glove. It was 44 degrees today on the Lower Illinois river with a slight breeze, I was fly fishing, my hands didn't freeze but were cold. I like the fit, not bulky, which is good for using a fly rod but not a cold weather glove. The inner part is the waterproof part, the outer part is not waterproof. So your hands can be dry but the glove is wet and with a slight breeze and cold weather, that makes for freezing hands. Handling fish the gloves get wet. I would recommend them if you can keep your hands from getting really wet and its not really cold.

How much and where'd you get 'em?

I seriously doubt with decoys that I can keep them dry, but I'm willing to try something other than what I've got.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Google scuba diving gloves, They have cold water gloves and warm water gloves. I guarantee you will find something there. Prices vary but some are cheap. Read the reviews. I'll probably get a pair, just trying to pick the right ones for fishing in cold weather, don't want to overkill and get to thick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom