Warning! Warning!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
News 9 reported, that 37 lakes in Oklahoma has Mercury levels too high to safely eat the fish caught out to them. Go to their website for listing's. KEEP SAFE this Summer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
News 9 reported, that 37 lakes in Oklahoma has Mercury levels too high to safely eat the fish caught out to them. Go to their website for listing's. KEEP SAFE this Summer.

http://www.kxii.com/news/headlines/...evels-in-fish-in-32-Okla-lakes-210514221.html

The lakes are: Atoka, Boomer, Canton, Carl Albert, Carl Blackwell, Carlton, Cedar, Clayton, Coalgate City, Draper, Dripping Springs, Elmer Thomas, Eufaula, Heyburn, Hugo, Lloyd Church, McAlester City, Nanih Waiya, Ozzie Cobb, Quanah Parker, Rush, Sardis, Schooler, Skiatook, Talawanda No. 2, Wayne Wallace and Wister; and also the Broken Bow, Fort Supply, Kaw, McGee Creek and Pine Creek reservoirs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The DEQ's, Jay Wright, says it is ok to eat the fish you catch --- but in limited amounts.

"We want people to continue to fish and we want them to continue to eat the fish they catch, because fish are a healthy meal. But, we want them to be smart and make good informed choices about the fish that they choose to eat, the fish that they choose to feed their families," Wright said.

They recommend no one eat fish caught from these lakes more than twice a month. Women of child-bearing age, pregnant or nursing mothers, and children under 15 years old should be even more cautious.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:yikes2: LOL, if you guys only knew how many times this has been checked. For some reason it is just now being reported. One thing you have to remember, it is mainly only the old large fish that have high levels of mercury/heavy metals. That is because of accumulation over time not some drastic increase of heavy metals into the water.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kaw gets this warning every year. With the multitude of government approved additives and preservatives that will probably turn out to be much worse for me, i just happily eat what i catch and concentrate on bigger worries.

I've always thought it was strange that kaw always gets this warning but yet keystone is fine. Hmmmmm

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Top Bottom