Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're completely misrepresenting what I said. I don't know if that's intentional or not but I've made it very clear that Shaver shouldn't have died that night. I also made it clear I would've handled it differently. I've also been very clear that I believe there are bad cops and I believe there are people wearing badges that shouldn't be...for a variety of reasons. I've said that more than once in this thread.

And the platitude remark was in reference to "wouldn't you rather be part of the solution than the problem?" remark. And a platitude is exactly what that type of remark is.

Furthermore, my last post wasn't referring specifically to either of these incidents in the videos...just the issue in general. And the fact you don't see bad behavior by some as at least contributing to these kinds of incidents means you obviously don't think people need to be responsible for their behavior. Which, by the way, includes police officers that do bad things.

I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting people to live their lives in a responsible manner. That doesn't mean people won't make mistakes. There are plenty of people who just make mistakes, learn from it, and move on with their lives. There are others that make it a lifestyle. Those are the people I'm talking about.

So, yeah... I'll do me. And I'm good with that. Regardless of whether, in your opinion, that makes me part of the problem or whatever you think it is that says about me. If that puts me on a particular "side", so be it. Pretty sure I can live with all of that...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're completely misrepresenting what I said. I don't know if that's intentional or not but I've made it very clear that Shaver shouldn't have died that night. I also made it clear I would've handled it differently. I've also been very clear that I believe there are bad cops and I believe there are people wearing badges that shouldn't be...for a variety of reasons. I've said that more than once in this thread.

And the platitude remark was in reference to "wouldn't you rather be part of the solution than the problem?" remark. And a platitude is exactly what that type of remark is.

Furthermore, my last post wasn't referring specifically to either of these incidents in the videos...just the issue in general. And the fact you don't see bad behavior by some as at least contributing to these kinds of incidents means you obviously don't think people need to be responsible for their behavior. Which, by the way, includes police officers that do bad things.

I don't think there's anything wrong with expecting people to live their lives in a responsible manner. That doesn't mean people won't make mistakes. There are plenty of people who just make mistakes, learn from it, and move on with their lives. There are others that make it a lifestyle. Those are the people I'm talking about.

So, yeah... I'll do me. And I'm good with that. Regardless of whether, in your opinion, that makes me part of the problem or whatever you think it is that says about me. If that puts me on a particular "side", so be it. Pretty sure I can live with all of that...
By your own posts, it very clearly does not include police officers that do bad things. Or to your point, you simply don't view murder by a police officer to be a bad thing. If you actually feel the way you said you do on the Shaver case anyway. You also don't seem to have any empathy for Shaver, because he wouldn't be dead but for his actions. Saying "he shouldn't have died that night" is weak sauce. very weak.

It's literally a cop-out. If you don't actually believe what you yourself wrote, then now's your chance to clarify your position, because what you just posted in Post #372, doesn't.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
You might not see it, but many on here do. I'm not saying you have to be on one side or the other, but without choosing sides, you've managed to firmly place yourself on a side. That's on you.

Edit: But for the glimmer in your daddy's eye, you wouldn't be here. That doesn't absolve you of any wrongs you may have ever committed. It's not a platitude to simply say the LEO's who murdered Daniel Shaver were bad cops. It's not a platitude to say you blame bad faith acts by LEO's on the people they encounter. You do that because you "don't have much sympathy". That says more about you than them.

If you haven't noticed, I've been very even handed in this thread. I'm former LE too, but first and foremost I am and always will be a US citizen. I understand that even good people make mistakes that cause them to come into contact with LE. But then again, I'm not so jaded and callous as to not care. You do you I guess. :(

Good people don't even have to make mistakes to come into contact with LE. Do a search on "Police raid wrong house"
https://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475&page=1
https://boingboing.net/2022/11/30/e...-terrorizing-black-family-holding-a-baby.html
https://nypost.com/2020/09/11/houston-deputies-break-into-wrong-home-to-serve-warrant/

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might not see it, but many on here do. I'm not saying you have to be on one side or the other, but without choosing sides, you've managed to firmly place yourself on a side. That's on you.

Edit: But for the glimmer in your daddy's eye, you wouldn't be here. That doesn't absolve you of any wrongs you may have ever committed. It's not a platitude to simply say the LEO's who murdered Daniel Shaver were bad cops. It's not a platitude to say you blame bad faith acts by LEO's on the people they encounter. You do that because you "don't have much sympathy". That says more about you than them.

If you haven't noticed, I've been very even handed in this thread. I'm former LE too, but first and foremost I am and always will be a US citizen. I understand that even good people make mistakes that cause them to come into contact with LE. But then again, I'm not so jaded and callous as to not care. You do you I guess. :(
I think that many here have, over their lifetime, tried to make the world a better place for themselves, their loved-ones, and even for those they do not personally know. It does not take very many kicks to the butt to reach a level of being indifferent or even downright 'jaded' towards others. The ideals that are inherent to youth do eventually fade with time and experience, leaving one wondering if they had ever actually made a difference or did they just beat their dead against a wall. Let some other 'warrior' battle the forces of evil now. For myself, I am of the same mind as OK Corgi Rancher, in that I just want to be left alone to enjoy my own life.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By your own posts, it very clearly does not include police officers that do bad things. Or to your point, you simply don't view murder by a police officer to be a bad thing. If you actually feel the way you said you do on the Shaver case anyway. You also don't seem to have any empathy for Shaver, because he wouldn't be dead but for his actions. Saying "he shouldn't have died that night" is weak sauce. very weak.

It's literally a cop-out. If you don't actually believe what you yourself wrote, then now's your chance to clarify your position, because what you just posted in Post #372, doesn't.

Now's my chance? WTF does that even mean? Let me make it clear to you. I don't post things to please you and it's not my fault you can't, or don't, understand what I've said here. I post things when I want to.

FFS... I said Shaver was partly responsible for what happened that night by making poor decisions and thru poor behavioral choices. If he hadn't been drinking, and if he hadn't pointed the "gun" out the window the police wouldn't have been there and he wouldn't have been shot. How in the f**k can you even dispute that? And how in the f**k do you twist that to mean I condone Shaver being shot? Those are some Olympic-grade mental gymnastics right there...

I suppose the jury that acquitted Brailsford was part of the problem, too? They sure don't agree with your assertion Shaver was murdered. Or do jury decisions not matter to you unless you agree with them?

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that many here have, over their lifetime, tried to make the world a better place for themselves, their loved-ones, and even for those they do not personally know. It does not take very many kicks to the butt to reach a level of being indifferent or even downright 'jaded' towards others. The ideals that are inherent to youth do eventually fade with time and experience, leaving one wondering if they had ever actually made a difference or did they just beat their dead against a wall. Let some other 'warrior' battle the forces of evil now. For myself, I am of the same mind as OK Corgi Rancher, in that I just want to be left alone to enjoy my own life.

Thank you for typing this out. Saved me the trouble of having to do it. Get off my lawn. 😉

You, me and Corgi Ranger need to go find a fire, a few comfortable lawn chairs and an ice chest full of cold beers.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for typing this out. Saved me the trouble of having to do it. Get off my lawn. 😉

You, me and Corgi Ranger need to go find a fire, a few comfortable lawn chairs and an ice chest full of cold beers.
I suggest not in your back yard. I hear the trees try to kill people. It may or may not be vax related and/or LEO over reach.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really disappointing to see so many of y’all going to bat for people who’d throw you in a cage without a second thought if firearms were outlawed tomorrow. Just sayin’, the boys in blue ain’t Jack Webb anymore.

Recommended reading | Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America’s Police Forces
Really disappointing to see so many people put groups of people all in the same bucket because of their job, color, sex, or religion. Some of us just aren’t that lazy.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm down. We can do my place. I don't have killer trees. And we can do goat yoga and fight wild wolf Corgis...

Latest posts

Top Bottom