Wasp Trap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good old cup of gasoline splashed on them will kill them before they can open their wings. Used to be cheaper than wasp spray.

And if you put it one of those Harbor Freight spray cans that you charge with an air hose...voila!

And don't forget the camera, it would be an internet sensation!

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had one in the pipe on a gate I go through often. Opening the gate with wasps fiying out of the gate 12 inches from my face was kinda freaking me out. Expanding foam in a can!! Couple sprays and they won't be back. Two years ago I fried them with a propane torch but they came back. No more.

Shootum

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man I hate them Red Waspers, I've cleaned the jets on them with carb cleaner many times. Stopped using chemical warfare and went to Simple Green in a spray bottle works great and if the wind blows it back in your face it doesn't burn the eyeballs out of your head.
Never had any luck with the wasp trap.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I hate them Red Waspers, I've cleaned the jets on them with carb cleaner many times. Stopped using chemical warfare and went to Simple Green in a spray bottle works great and if the wind blows it back in your face it doesn't burn the eyeballs out of your head.
Never had any luck with the wasp trap.

Simple Green? Seriously?

I had a couple of nests just getting started under my patio eave. Yesterday I have had enough, so I go to the garage and get a can of brake cleaner. Blasted them, they hit the ground, went back into the house and back to work. Later I go back out there for a smoke. No wasps on the ground anymore. I look up and they are back to building their nest. I also know I saw them drop like a rock. Friggin enviro-weenies. A guy can't even get good brake cleaner anymore! :pissed:

When my can of wasp killer that I went and bought is gone, I may try the simple green. Always have it around.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ Do the flame test on the brake cleaner, its not an exact science but I think the stuff that burns works best. The cheap O-reilly brand is highly flammable and seems to drop them DRT. I have noticed if you dont get a direct hit it might just stun them or cause them to fly away and come back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom