Watch Carrier tell 1,400 Indianpolis employees their jobs are being sent to Mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying there's a limit on how profitable a CEO should make a company for it's shareholders, and that limit generally lies between offshoring blue collar jobs, but not CEO jobs? After all, if he can save the shareholders millions of dollars on their salaries, shouldn't they also be saving millions on his salary? Why is a large profit good, but an even larger profit bad? Can you explain that to us?

This is really simple - it isn't "our" company. Carrier is a firm owned by stockholders who can and should be able to decide what they are going to do with the company including hiring/firing officers and setting executive compensation through the board of directors (or whatever governing structure they have). Period, end of story. Start your own company or buy Carrier stock or establish a holding company to pool money and buy stock. However, until you are the owner stop acting like you (or I) have any say in how the company is run beyond basic health and safety standards set in law.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carrier did not send their evaporator plant to Mexico to cut costs to be competitive. They didn't drop their price over competitors, but were still higher than some. It was pure profit driven at the expense of the US worker and consumer. The product they produced sucked and I hope it cost them market share.

I've been to the plants in Indy. It was a sizable operation. Sucks for the people up there. Carrier got greedy, cut corners for profit and the product suffered. I hope the shareholders suffer from it . Bottom line..:

And IF what you say is true (because right now it is just an assertion) then they will likely be hurt since lower quality at same price should equal sales move to competition if all other factors are the same. But it still is a private issue not a public one.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And IF what you say is true (because right now it is just an assertion) then they will likely be hurt since lower quality at same price should equal sales move to competition if all other factors are the same. But it still is a private issue not a public one.

It's not just an assertion, more like a finger on the pulse. I've been in the business full time for 26 years. Dad was a contractor growing up. Worked for a carrier dealer in the early 90's and was in charge of the service department. I've been in business for myself for 9 years. It's not a hunch, I've seen their products slip and their market share fall.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's getting pretty scary out there. I may have said this in another thread but...I work for one of the oldest and largest companies in the U.S. I've only been with them about 2 1/2 years and I work nights so I know very few people. But from the people I do know, 3 have recently been laid off and 2 have taken an early out. All the while I must work remotely with more and more folks in 3rd world countries. It can't keep going this way. There will be no more consumers of their cheaper products and fewer tax dollars for the guberment.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make no mistake, some people in charge of this country's overall economy, simply don't care that their decisions will ultimately ruin this experiment in freedom. The fix is in and most of them believe they'll be able to stay above the collapse line in the end.

Mugsy is right, the CEO and shareholders who approve of sending those jobs to Mexico have the right to do so. As an American, I have the right to say they're horrible, awful creatures who are destroying our country, without care or remorse. If they die in a fire because their faulty products burn their mansions down, I'll not shed a tear. I won't have to worry about that, because I'll never buy one of their ****** products, and I'll advise everyone I know not to either.

Decisions have consequences. I hope they come to regret theirs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom