water jug at 150 yds with a handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it's doable, but it's difficult to be consistent.

Have enjoyed practice at distance including ringing steel targets up to 200m.

At 75m, 100m, or even 150m a man-sized target is definitely not completely safe.

And with a good, scoped handgun, it is doable, consistently from a suitable rest.

2tothechest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot at a 2' gong at 400 yds with a 1911. Hit it one or twice out of every mag for about 4 mags. The ground was good and dry and easy to see where the misses were hitting.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you people are too rigid! You think shooting is for training only. I shoot for fun too, that is why I regularly shoot handguns at 150, even out to 300 yards.
Shooting a .45 at this distance is kind of neat, as you can shoot, drop the gun and watch it hit the target!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some of you people are too rigid! You think shooting is for training only. I shoot for fun too, that is why I regularly shoot handguns at 150, even out to 300 yards.
Shooting a .45 at this distance is kind of neat, as you can shoot, drop the gun and watch it hit the target!

Yep, If the sun is behind you, you'll get to see the bullet fly all the way there!!!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be able to hit the sheep/ram steel targets at 200 meters with my 6" S&W 686 .357mag all day long. Don't think I could do it today with my eyesight. If the lighting was right maybe.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I assume then that you also have a fire extinguisher and snake bite kit in your fanny pack? J/K ;)

Yes it could happen. It is feasible... and also extremely unlikely. Getting mugged or attacked suddenly and abruptly at close range at night is much more likely. Known instances of the former - miniscule. Known instances of the latter - disturbingly more common.

But I admit that it might be a handy skill for the coming Zombie attacks... :gun2:

If you are really that concerned about someone attacking you with a rifle from 150 yards away, carry an AR or hunting rifle in your vehicle.

Actually, I do carry an AR in the truck. The Ruger SP or Colt's 1911 on my hip is just to give me a chance to get to my truck and get the AR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom