'We Don't Believe Anybody Is Entitled to Success in This Country'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your not entitled to anything but Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. What you do with it is entirely up to you.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the quote actually reads that we are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that AMONG these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Ever wonder what the rest of those unalienable rights are?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all due respect, whenever the tax issue is brought up, I get disgusted. I pay an absolute ton of taxes every quarter. It's a great problem to have.

Your business pays a ton of taxes every quarter. I've never really heard anyone who makes a 6 figure income complain about taxes, except for politicians, those of us who do the complaining are the ones who feel the impact of an extra 2% being taken from our checks. Some of us understand that the job makers aren't ever going to absorb a tax increase, that loss of income is going to be recovered at the register, guess who pays that? All tax increases are going to be paid by the working class.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your business pays a ton of taxes every quarter. I've never really heard anyone who makes a 6 figure income complain about taxes, except for politicians, those of us who do the complaining are the ones who feel the impact of an extra 2% being taken from our checks. Some of us understand that the job makers aren't ever going to absorb a tax increase, that loss of income is going to be recovered at the register, guess who pays that? All tax increases are going to be paid by the working class.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

To the O/P and the subject quote. This just goes to show how clueless Obama is. Grow the middle class? How pray tell? When the rich folk and evil big business are the ones who hire the middle class and sign their pay checks? The dude just doesn't get it, or he is speaking in tongues promoting a completely different concept and it's one that he dare not speak of. Doesn't much matter which one it is because neither are good.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all due respect, whenever the tax issue is brought up, I get disgusted. I pay an absolute ton of taxes every quarter. It's a great problem to have.

If everyone paid a set share, I might agree. For example, however, not being able to fill my grocery order for the first or last week of the month because the shelves are cleaned out by the Entitled has changed my perception.

And, no, I do not think that the Collective is entitled to 50 percent of what I produce.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You must not know too many people who make 6 figure incomes. Besides, taxes should NEVER be based on how much is produced. That is communism at its finest.

Why do you think it is called a "Progressive" tax system?

Latest posts

Top Bottom