Weather forecast for 1st w/e of gun season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW! Just checked the weather forecast for this weekend:

The Weather Channel: Highs in the low 70's. Lows in uppper 40s. South at 15.

KOCO: Highs in the mid 60's. Lows in mid 40s. Wind South 15-20.

Newsok.com: Highs in the mid 60's. Lows in mid 40s. Wind South 15-20.

That ain't good deer hunting weather, but I plan to be out there at least part of the weekend.

Good luck to all you guys and gals!

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats interesting. For me I prefer it to be around 40 so I can be comfortable but not worry about the meat spoiling.
Anyone else have info to share about weather and how it affects deer movement, particularly in relation to the moon phase for opening day?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm mainly concerned it will be windy. Not that they won't move in it with hunting pressue/tail end of the rut...I just hate sitting in the wind, and hate it worse if it's windy and hot.

This past weekend was PERFECT hunting weather. Around freezing in the morning, low 50's in the day with light winds. Perfect.

Nov. 6th and 7th, I had a shooter buck just outside of bow range each day. Hot, windy...MIDDAY (both sightings)...and chasing does. They WILL move when the rut is on (and it trails on for weeks in my area with all the does), and they always move opening weekend of gun because of the hunting pressure on neighboring lands.

I'm going up the ridge in the dark on Saturday morning, and I'm not coming down until antlers hit the leaves or it's too dark to shoot. Hopefully the former.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bad thing is that it hasnt gotten cold enough to get rid of the flying bugs. Need to put more thermacell refills on my shopping list.

We have had some mid 20 degree days, so the flying bugs are a thing of the past. I sure like to to be cold. They have to eat to stay warm. The colder it gets, the more they have to eat which ='s they have to move.:hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom