Weekend duck report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How'd everyone do duck huntin this weekend? Two very different days weatherwise. Saturday morning was great, easily got a limit and they were still flying in when I was picking up decoys. Cold front hit and I honestly thought it would be better today. Called my buddy up and told him to come with me. It suuucked and I froze. We ended up with 2 mallards. I guess they scooted on out ahead of that cold front or something, but they were nowhere near us.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a few Saturday morning. Went out again for an evening hunt today and got skunked. I was curious if anything used this particular spot in the evening and the answer is apparently no. Gonna give it a shot in a different part of the state in the morning. I'm not real excited about the temp being a chilly 8 degrees at 4am.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother took a cousin's son and they got one goose and 10 ducks, mixture of mallards, gadwall, widgeon and bluebill. I did some pond jumping with one brother and a cousin and we got 7 on 2 ponds.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst 4 letter word in the dictionary stopped me this weekend....WORK!

Drove by a few of our haunts and the ponds were covered up ! I think Wed. might be a go to work tardy day though!

PJ

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw lots of birds both days but they were most uncooperative both mornings. We shot 6 on sat and 2 on sunday, widgeons and gadwalls

Latest posts

Top Bottom