Well....it happened....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just signed the contract to accept an offer for my house. I'm not sure whether I'm more sad (it's been my home for 3 years after all) or more excited about paying off a ton of debt and gaining flexibility.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you moving, or just downsizing to an apartment?

Well, I'm making the transition out of the Active Duty to being a part time reservist. I'm moving into a small farmhouse that I inherited that needs a TON of fixing up and is MUCH smaller than the house that I'm currently in. The up side is that it's on 15 acres (as opposed to the 1.5 that I'm on now) and that I own it free and clear. I'll make enough profit from the sale to pay off my truck and my wife's student loans...so I'll have no debt to speak of. This will allow me to live well enough off my part time reserve income until I find my next career. I don't have to feel pressured to take whatever job comes along this way. Heck...I may even go to law school (my GI bill will pay for OU law)...still kicking the idea around. Like I said...the sale brings a ton of flexibility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom