Well, its begun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Official poaching season is on.
Wife called me at 7am this morning while it was still dark and said she has been hearing hi-power shots to the north. Woke her up at 0630.
She went out with the dog at 0645, and it was close enough that she shined her 2 mil spotlight in that direction and started yelling at them.

Probably driving around on the lease roads in the timber.

I called the Osage GW, and left a message on his phone. I'm sure they didn't stay around long.

Okieshootist

Marksman
Reaction score
It sure is. I put a camera on my corn feeder and got a picture of white f-150 xl. they had to drive past the beans to get to the gate, open it then drive close to a hslf mile to get to the creek. Brazen bastards. Gate is now locked at all times and my son is breathing fire cause he wants them so bad.( By the way he just finished his time in the marines and is in college.) I think we will see more road hunting and poaching cause of the economy.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last weekend we were outside and heard three gunshots. southeast of my place I have seen several bucks and that is where it sounded like the gunshots were.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have trouble with them every year here.GW wont do anything unless you get there name and press tresspassing charges.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've caught the same guy twice, once in the spring and once just a couple weeks ago on trail camera at our lease. The landowner and ranch manager still can't figure out who it is, don't know if they've gone to local law enforcement yet.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago I was sitting not too far off the road during turkey season and heard a high power rifle shot. I slowly maneuvered toward an open field to investigate and two guys had been driving their truck down the road and saw a buck in the field. They stopped and shot it. By the time I got to the field they were putting the buck in the bed of the truck and then left. It is frustrating. I was a kid back then, not sure what I would do if I saw that these days. I don't necessarily want to get in a gun fight over someone poaching a deer.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very dangerous to mess with these idiots. Lots of them have less to lose than you do. Temptation to take life changing actions is strong, but do you want your life changed that much? That's what is at stake. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom