Wellston BBQ Stand Claims First Prize at Jack Daniel's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There was a place in Ada called Bobs bar b que for years that was really good when he was alive.There were people lined up outside in a snow storm one night when I drove by.
When I was just a kid we used to go there a few times a year with a big group to eat. I don't remember anything specific about it, just that it was good food.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was just a kid we used to go there a few times a year with a big group to eat. I don't remember anything specific about it, just that it was good food.
We'd occasionally go down there to eat when we were visiting my grandparents. I was just a kid, but I also remember it being good food.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll ever find another Paul Dougan. I've tried a hundred different joints, just can't find good meat.
There used to be an outstanding BBQ joint on 15th just east of Eastern in OKC, just a little white building in a gravel lot. It wasn't quite the same after the old man passed; his kids just weren't as good of a judge of meat as he was.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be an outstanding BBQ joint on 15th just east of Eastern in OKC, just a little white building in a gravel lot. It wasn't quite the same after the old man passed; his kids just weren't as good of a judge of meat as he was.

Would that be Leo's BBQ?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tom's I believe.

I think you’re right. Now that you have me straightened out on this, I believe Leo’s is further North, maybe like 36th Street, or thereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leo's = 36th & Kelley Ave. Still there and still serving good Q along with the strawberry banana cake.

Tom's = I-35 at the 4th Street exit, west side of I-35. Don't know if it's still there but I have no recollection of a location on 15th Street.

Best BBQ in the State Capitol area is Bedlam BBQ, 50th Street, just east of Lincoln. JMO - YMMV

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tom's moved to I35 right next to the south bound on ramp at 10th street after the dad passed away. Didn't do as well but the original was in the location mentioned previously. Very good Q in its day.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics of Butcher BBQ taken
20170602_111855.jpg
20170602_101815.jpg
20170602_101731.jpg
of the place when I was lucky enough for my lousy running Harley to make it up there and back. (mine is the one in the foreground).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom