Wellston BBQ Stand Claims First Prize at Jack Daniel's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Passed by there today on my way to SIL place 50+ people in line at 230. Too many for me I'll try it one day when the line is shorter

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Passed by there today on my way to SIL place 50+ people in line at 230. Too many for me I'll try it one day when the line is shorter

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I keep hearing about the long lines and how they run out of meat by two o'clock but the one time I went on a Friday at 4 p.m. there was no line and plenty of bbq still.

I almost didn't stop by because it was that late and I was kind of surprised when I called before getting there and they said they still had everything.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove by there at 12:30-1:00 and the line was clear out to the road......I heard someone say there was 172 people in line.

Came by a couple hours later and the line was still 1/2 to 2/3 of the way to the road.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got on the turnpike at Wellston this morning. Didn't even think about stopping; had more important stuff to do (I went to spend the day with my brother and his family).

I did end up eating at Ron's in Glenpool, though. I enjoyed that.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the recent announcement that they won, there will be long lines for a while. The same happens to every restaurant in OKC that makes it to Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Shoot, for what I see in Oklahoma, every time ANY food place (including fast food) opens for the first time, the place stays busy for days or weeks. We usually wait about 6 months before even trying to get into a new place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom