Wellston BBQ Stand Claims First Prize at Jack Daniel's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tom's moved to I35 right next to the south bound on ramp at 10th street after the dad passed away. Didn't do as well but the original was in the location mentioned previously. Very good Q in its day.
I don't recall ever hearing a name attached to the place, but Tom's sounds right. It's the better part of 20 years since I've been there.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tom's moved to I35 right next to the south bound on ramp at 10th street after the dad passed away. Didn't do as well but the original was in the location mentioned previously. Very good Q in its day.

We used to eat at Tom's BBQ all the time. Last time we went by there it had been closed for awhile. I think the bldg. was gone.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to wellston once a month and have never ate there. I heard it is excellent though. A couple of my conworkers said it was the best they have ever ate. I’m gonna have to try it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There used to be a pretty good bbq place in Chickasha called Jake's Rib.. I haven't been there in about twenty years so I don't know if it's still any good or not.

I once sent them a bottle of sauce to try and see if they wanted to use it for their house sauce. They had several customers try it and the vote was to change to the sauce I sent but they didn't go with it because it was going to be a few dollars more per five gallons.

I wasn't making anything off of the deal, just trying to help out the guy making the sauce and turn the bbq joint onto a better option for their customers.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jake's is still okay, but what they lack in quality, they more than make up for with portion size.
That sounds about right. I can't speak to their bbq, as I had the chicken fried steak the last time I was there, but it was pretty good, and the portion size was huge. It was close to the size of the chicken fried steak at Kendall's in Noble, but it was actually two chicken fried steaks, and the order of fries looked like they filled the basket, fried it, then upended the whole thing on the plate. It was even still shaped like a fryer basket.

I almost never take anything home, but if I'd eaten all of that, they would've had to haul me off to the emergency room with a ruptured stomach, and I needed two take-home boxes, at that. Holy cats, that was a lot of food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom