went to SDA/CCW class today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my first post. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the class, and even more pleased that there is an instructor on here. I have had my CCW since inception. Unfortunately, it is expired and I haven't renewed it. I love to carry my weapon, but have been torn on renewing my permit. It seems to me that many places that I go, I can not carry it. I will probably get it renewed, though.

I was pulled over 2 days ago by a motor jock for speeding. While I was retrieving my DL, he saw my CCW. He stated that I was supposed to tell him I had it in a bad tone. I stated to him that I did not have my weapon, and he said that no matter what I was supposed to tell him. It has been many years since I took the class, but I seem to remember that I do not have to say anything if I don't have it. Can someone clarify this? Thanks. Jim
Hey Jim, welcome to the asylum.

As far as requirements;
D. It shall be unlawful for any person to fail or refuse to identify the fact
that the person is in actual possession of a concealed handgun pursuant
to the authority of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act when the person
first comes into contact with any law enforcement officer of this state
or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer during
the course of any arrest, detainment, or routine traffic stop.
No person shall be required to identify himself or herself as a concealed handgun
licensee when no handgun is in the person’s possession or in any
vehicle in which the person is driving or is a passenger.

hope this helps you out.

regards,
j

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome James. Jeff already quoted the pertinent part of the SDA to answer your question. LEOs can't possibly remember all the laws. Plenty of instructors and other knowledgeable folks on the forum.

53trokita

New to the site!
Reaction score
I took the two day evening class and can honestly say it was a fun class and very informative I learned a lot. I would recomend this class to everyone I plan on going to the class again with my wife. Thanks a lot Mark.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, unfortunately most of the money goes to the store so I cannot afford to give a discount. I have some more classes in the planning stage that will include an OSA discount and a discount for those who have taken one of my courses.

ebman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a buddy and i took marks class back in feb or march. great learning atmosphere. would and have reccomended it to everyone if you are looking to get your ccw

Latest posts

Top Bottom