West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Murder 1... So they are saying he was thinking about killing the victim prior to exiting his vehicle, then got out of his vehicle with intent to kill the victim?

How do you even prove that?

Anyways, really sad. Stay in your car friends. This reminds me of a road rage incident a bit ago where a women got out of her car and proceeded to get jumped by a male.

I. Will. Never. Understand.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine the witnesses to the event will be key. Probably why there is also already a murder charge....witness statements. They tried to save the victim.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Murder 1... So they are saying he was thinking about killing the victim prior to exiting his vehicle, then got out of his vehicle with intent to kill the victim?
Malice aforethought isn't required for murder 1 in Oklahoma:
B. A person also commits the crime of murder in the first degree, regardless of malice, when that person or any other person takes the life of a human being during, or if the death of a human being results from, the commission or attempted commission of murder of another person, shooting or discharge of a firearm or crossbow with intent to kill,
That's some clunkily-structured verbiage, but it looks to this non-attorney type person that you can be charged with murder 1 simply because you shot someone with the intent of killing them, whether or not you had that intention when the incident started.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Malice aforethought isn't required for murder 1 in Oklahoma:

That's some clunkily-structured verbiage, but it looks to this non-attorney type person that you can be charged with murder 1 simply because you shot someone with the intent of killing them, whether or not you had that intention when the incident started.
When did the malice aforethought change? I seem to remember Glenn Jenlink beating into my head the elements to murder and that was one of them.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've warned my wife repeatedly about gesturing and making faces towards other drivers, saying one day it's gonna end badly.

Just mutter under your breath and move on.

Nearly every fight we've had over the last year or so has been about this very thing. It's just inviting trouble. (I know I'm preaching to the choir here ...)

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
So, this retired cop and the victim pulled over and retired cop got out of his vehicle and walked over to the victim and then what? That’s where the story stops.

I’m assuming retired cop decided to go to fist o’cuffs and started getting a beat down. Then he shot him. He’ll use self-defense as a defense.

Is anyone else getting that kind of vibe? Or did he just start blasting?

Latest posts

Top Bottom