western Ok. prong horn hunt question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well with my season over for me this year, tags filled, meat in freezer, i can't wait for it to start all over again, even when i had my ups and downs this year (bow string coming off cam on draw back, user error but i still got :pissed:). as much as i love hunting my area of where i am at, me and my buddy got to to BSing about this last and next season and fixen up food plots and stuff and got to wondering about prong horn hunts offered here in OK. We know the entry is cheap (if the price we were told was correct $60??), it would be just waiting on getting picked, that would suck. SO to any that has or is out in that area---

is there public land to hunt/is the public land any good animal chance wise or to over populated when hunting starts?

what do or do any of you lease land at what cost?

this is all just thinking off the wim and was curious, if anyone has more input feel free to chime in. EVERY ONE HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY!!!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhino55 got a tag this year.
Not sure if he had any luck.
Seems like work kept getting in the way.

I think the biggest obstacle is getting drawn for a tag.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew a tag this year but all I got was this instead... Timing sucked. I did have several folks here on OSA offer places to hunt in Texas Co.. You should be able to search the forum for tons of info on the subject.

Attachments

• allison 11-4-09.jpg
    allison 11-4-09.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 162

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drew a tag this year but all I got was this instead... Timing sucked. I did have several folks here on OSA offer places to hunt in Texas Co.. You should be able to search the forum for tons of info on the subject.

You got a lot better deal than a hunt. Congratulations.

headhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the past you could buy land owners tags off E-bay or in the classifieds.
Last year the outfitters were paying top dollar for the tags and leasing all the ground they could find.
Not so cheap of a hunt anymore.
I think the Over the Counter Archery Tags raised the stakes.
Put in for the draw and Good Luck.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for all the info guys, we assumed that the draw part would suck. this all helps me out in knowing what direction to start going...

J.T- congrats!!!!!! looks like you have a new hunting partner coming up it the next couple years.

(i am expecting my 2nd son in the first of may :D )

imhntn- thanks for the info.

thanks guys......i'm off to look up more info

Stillhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you really want an antelope, just go to Wyoming.

Ditto

With what I heard leases are going for you could cover your travel and out of state tags. Then youll have thousands of acres of BLM land to roam around on and you'll see antelope everytime you top a hill. Then when you tag out on speedgoat call coyotes, hunt sage grouse, or trout fish.

I got drawn for a decent area in 04 on my first try and scored a nice buck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom