Wet Tumbling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could make an attachment to the treadmill so I could still use the treadmill, would be Aweschome!!!
Basically all you need is a frame with the driven shaft on the bottom (and lower then the idler shaft) to rest on the treadmill mat. The frame could be supported by one leg to the floor on each side of the idler, and then tied/chained to the uprights on both sides.
Code:
 |  |           ________
 |  |          /        \
 |  |         /          \
 |  |        |  Tumbler   |
 |  |    ___ |  cylinder  |
 |  |   / _ \ \          /  _
 |  |  | |_| | \________/ / _ \
 |  |   \___/            | |_| | Driven shaft
 |  |   Idler             \___/
 |   ----------------------------------------
 |            Treadmill
  -------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my tumbler
20170819_174334.jpg

Here is the one I built, which I would give away.
20170819_174827.jpg

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to add that I got the PVC pipe in the gardening area at Home Depot. Home Depot did not have both of the end caps. I got the caps at McCoys.
When I got it assembled I had a seepage of water out of the end caps. To fix the leak I cut the zip part off a Ziploc sandwich bag, and screeched it over the opening and taped it on to get it air tight. I then cut a corner off the bag and attached my shopvac to the sandwich bag. Once I got a good vacuum in the jug, I applied PVC primer to both end caps a few different time so the primer could get sucked in joint. I then did the same thing with PVC glue and let it cure.
It sealed everything up perfectly.

I saw a guy do it on YouTube.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was to go any bigger, I think I would rather have 3 drums like I have now running side by side. It wouldn't limit me to running the same caliber at the same time. Each drum would be more manageable when separating, rinsing, etc. And I could just run 1 drum for small batches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom