Whaddya know, common sense still exists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Each person has to make their own decision, and Im not about to deride you for that. All I can do is offer counterpoint, to make you think. Each circumstance is different. There are still a LOT of unmarked cars in this state, and there always will be.

I have, too many times, been in low speed pursuits with the elderly, or with females, that when they finally shut down, their excuse was "they didnt think I was the real police." Like was initially posted in this thread, common sense does exist, its just very rare.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Each person has to make their own decision, and Im not about to deride you for that. All I can do is offer counterpoint, to make you think. Each circumstance is different. There are still a LOT of unmarked cars in this state, and there always will be.

I have, too many times, been in low speed pursuits with the elderly, or with females, that when they finally shut down, their excuse was "they didnt think I was the real police." Like was initially posted in this thread, common sense does exist, its just very rare.

Fair enough.:sunbath:

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you believe speeding on a motorcycle warrants a possible gun fight? LOL

And this is not about the motorcycle speeding. It's about an abuse of power, plain and simple. And in that regard the motorcyclist shares absolutely none of the blame.

Not saying it warranted a gun fight, just saying i understand the stop and the guy was acting stupid on his bike. The officer wasn't exactly waving the gun around he just had it in hand, wasn't raised or anything. My point was IF he was going to come out of the car with the sidearm at the ready, he needed to IMMEDIATELY identify himself. Really needed to immediately ID himself anyway.

And i realize this is mainly about the stupid charges placed on him for taping and abuse of power. I was just pointing out that the guy was initially in the wrong as well. He was being very reckless and making himself a hazard on the road. I back this guy up on the videotaping case as well. I don't think that just because the officer and police dept were in the wrong for abusing their power and bunk charges that we should forget that this guy was also far in the wrong.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I don't know about before but now it is because of the budget. Seems it is cheaper to just leave the factory paint on and not the cars black and white ... who knew?? :shocked:

The solid black trooper cars still have the trooper logos on them, making them marked. The blacked out Tahoes, CVPIs, and Chargers running around (parked on the side of the interstate) with nothing but a couple extra antennas are BS IMO.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The solid black trooper cars still have the trooper logos on them, making them marked. The blacked out Tahoes, CVPIs, and Chargers running around (parked on the side of the interstate) with nothing but a couple extra antennas are BS IMO.

Ahhh, dustin ... you could do like this old lady and just drive the speed limit ... but I know what you mean ... :burnout:

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't speed...enough to draw the attention of an LEO. I just don't like the idea of unmarked units doing traffic. I can understand why the departments/cities/states would want it ($$$), but that isn't good enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom