what are you enjoying tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thread revival...

Got this from the kids as a birthday gift. One of the few "mainstream" bourbons I haven't tried.

View attachment 432238
@OK Corgi Rancher my go to bourbon is Basil Hayden but on a recommendation I did try a bottle of the Woodford Reserve not long ago.....you may love it and while it is good it's a little harsher to me than BH.

bhb.jpg

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thread revival...

Got this from the kids as a birthday gift. One of the few "mainstream" bourbons I haven't tried.

View attachment 432238
Nice. I haven't ever tried it either. Unfortunately the china flu screwed up my taste buds so I have quit buying whisk(e)y.

Hangfire, most tap water is more harsh than BH. :D

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My hands-down favorite is Buffalo Trace. Bulleit is a close second. I've had the BH but it's been a while...don't really remember what I thought of it.
I prefer a minimum of 100 proof bourbon so BH tastes watered down to me. Bulleit was one of the first bourbons I bought when I started trying whiskies again. I like to have never got through that bottle. It leaves a dusty aftertaste for me.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree Buffalo Trace is my all time favorite.
BT is mids. I dont understand why it is so expensive and cherished here. In WA it was on the shelf below Makers for a few $$$ less. It's not bad but it's not special.

I use to get it at Trader Joes for like $25 every once and a while to mix things up.

https://bevmo.com/products/6965

Latest posts

Top Bottom