What company is NC STAR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two NC Star ventures both turned out to be complete POSs. I would have been ashamed to sell them to anyone and threw them in the trash. One was a red dot, and the other was a conventional scope. This was several years ago, but once burned . . .

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well a riser I got was pretty good but it is hard to screw up a piece of metal unless the metal itself is crap. I bought one of their scopes with a red/ green dot and it seemed ok shooting it the first time but the damn lockdown screws will for sure need some locktite on them before I go to the range again.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a NCStarr P4 Sniper Scope with the lighted red & green reticles on my M&P rifle. The green side went out on it after I had put several hundred rounds through the rifle. I phoned the company... no problem or hassle. Sent it to them & they sent me a brand new one within 4 days... they paid the shipping. No refurbished scope.. a new one in the box with all the new paperwork. It has a lifetime warranty. It has been a very dependable and accurate scope for me. Good focus & magnification. No problem putting all my rounds in the bullseye at 100 meters and the BDC was accurate out to 300 meters which was only as far as I tested it. I'd consider it a good scope without the lighted reticle.

I've got one of Walmart's $70 Centerpoint scopes on my M&P 15-22. Very happy with it too.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j474/David2U2011/100_1038.jpg

I you can get a NC P4 and a truck load of other scopes from Walmart on-line.. I was surprised at how many different brands of scopes are available from Walmart on-line.

Last edited:

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a NCStarr P4 Sniper Scope with the lighted red & green reticles on my M&P rifle. The green side went out on it after I had put several hundred rounds through the rifle. I phoned the company... no problem or hassle. Sent it to them & they sent me a brand new one within 4 days... they paid the shipping. No refurbished scope.. a new one in the box with all the new paperwork. It has a lifetime warranty. It has been a very dependable and accurate scope for me. Good focus & magnification. No problem putting all my rounds in the bullseye at 100 meters and the BDC was accurate out to 300 meters which was only as far as I tested it. I'd consider it a good scope without the lighted reticle.

I spent all of $85 on an NC Star P4 sniper scope. I wasn't expecting much, but it has exceeded my expectations. I don't bother with the lighted reticles, but the scope isn't bad. It holds it's settings. I've removed it a couple of times and when I remount it it's always been DNA. I've never pointed my AR at anything further than 400 yards - I can hit what I'm aiming at with it, which is all I ask. It's not best piece of glass I've ever looked through, but that little scope was not a bad investment.

Glocksteady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they will get the job done. They are just not as robust as an EOTech or an ACOG. Then again, there is a slight increase in $$$ for those. It all depends on what you want. I bought two gun cases from NC Star that I love and are holding up well. I don't plan on going out on night ops anytime soon. I only become an operator when I'm in a smoker/grill campaign.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NC STAR stuff is junk. Horrible, cheap, crappy junk. That being said the only thing they make worth buying is their pistol cases or gun bags. If you see anything other than a pistol bag run away....run fast.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. General consensus is that they are cheap.

Some things are cheap - some are better described as bang for the buck.

I've had an NC Star Red Dot on top of my S&W 686+ for the past 6 years. It has held zero all that time without issue. Not the brightest optic on the planet but it is clear as a bell and good enough for daytime work. The thing is worth every penny of the $60 or so I paid for it.

Maybe I got lucky and drew the good one out of the box. Somehow though I don't think so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom