What do you want in a Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Large plinking range. Nothing more fun than stack up some tin cans (or a pyramid of golf balls) and mowing 'em down! :fullauto:

And before anyone says anything, I do pick up my own trash afterwards.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) Drawing from a holster.

2) Shooting while on the move.

3) Double taps, triple taps, mag dumps. (no stupid a$$ 2 second rule)

4) Speed reloads.

I know it's asking a lot...

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Cleaning Area

If you have an indoor rifle range I'd like a cleaning area with a table.

If your shooting milsurp rifles with corrosive ammo it would be nice to do a quick barrel cleaning.

2. Gun Rentals

I know it's a given, but I thought I'd say it anyways

3. Low Light Shooting

It would be nice if you could have a designated time to allow low light shooting. A chance for people to practice with night sights, lasers, and gun lights.

4. Full auto rentals

Nuff said

I'm in with this guy. It sucks everytime I go to H & H and have put my rifle cases on the floor, more and more and more tables!! Also a free gun smith j/k..

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With it being an indoor range you are a bit limited with some of the things you can do.

Something reasonable would be like a ladies night/day kind of thing. Once a month on a weeknight have a ladies only type thing. With a bit of limited instruction/help.

A larger space between the firing line and the back wall. Most indoor ranges have just enough room for you walk by someone and trip over things on the way to your lane.

In the realm of the not so easy.

Moving targets (left to right across the lanes or something like that).

Limited exposure targets (target faces you for x amount of time then rotates sideways where you cant hit it)

CLEET certified indoor range (mainly for armed security guard qualification)

Ability for targets to run out to 7, 10, 20yd via push button (push button once it goes to 7, twice to 10 and so on) so you are not guessing that it is close to the 7yd paint mark on the floor.

That is all I can think of that has not been said :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom