What do you want in a Range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Limited exposure targets (target faces you for x amount of time then rotates sideways where you cant hit it)

Every single time all I want to do is try and cut the paper in half with the bullet. Saw it on a sharpshooting show on History Channel, been wanting to do it ever since.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decent HVAC.

And related to that, good ventilation / filtration. I'm no health nut, but there's nothing much good about breathing lead dust.

Adequate space and tables to prepare guns, lay cases, hang coats, etc.

Handy sinks to wash off the shooting schmutz.

Plinking would be great. A more interesting and reactive target would bring and keep more interest, especially with new shooters.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More of them!!! Also it would be nice if you could join a Range Association and pay a daily fee to shoot at any range in the state as long as you are a member in good standing at one of the participating ranges. What a great idea to carry my range guns like I do my golf clubs when I travel.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BDC's good for indoors, ventilation and temperature wise. But I sure would like someplace outdoors with at least 200 yards and within 30 minutes drive. Since the state shut down Shawnee and Jeremy closed it's been hard to get any rifle time in. Anybody own a couple hundred acres around Shawnee?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Low light option, good ventilation, maybe a bench with shelves by each station to stow your gear, and stock the place with guns, ammo, holsters, cleaning supplies, etc so we can buy our stuff there. I bet you'd make more money on "things" than you would on the range part if it was also a reasonable retail place. Big Boys Guns and Range is kinda what I'm describing, once they get more in the way of "stuff" to sell. EVERY time I go shoot at a range, I wander around afterwards to see what I can spend my money on.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
REALLY? A 5 year old thread brought back to life. why don't you just truck-it on down to 2A and see it for your self.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
REALLY? A 5 year old thread brought back to life. why don't you just truck-it on down to 2A and see it for your self.

REALLY. You were curious enough to open the thread up too. I'd love to come to 2A but it is a bit of a drive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom