What is a fair price for assembling an AR-15 complete lower receiver (labor only)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I built my first one at the kitchen table using a YT vid. Had a piece of railroad track that I use as an anvil. I wrapped a towel around it so I would have something sturdy to place the lower against while tapping pins in. Worked great even the the vice block is a HUGE convenience

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For someone experienced in doing this it should take only 15 to 20 mins or so. It's not complicated. Like others have said, reach out to someone here on the forum...I'm sure they'd be glad to help.

If you want to come to Ada I'll do it for you... But then you're back up to that $100+ price for fuel! :)
Maybe if I had like 5 or 6 complete lowers to put together, it might be worth the trip. But yeah, fuel cost is ridiculous now. I’m just glad I don’t drive a diesel with that $5/gallon rate now

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$25-$125 is one hell of a wide price range for the same exact service. Parts fitment is really that much of an issue? Because most LPKs claim that they‘re compatible with all mil-spec stripped lowers. Are there typically more fitment problems when using billet stripped lowers for a build?

I’m sure there’s a reason for a minimum and maximum charge. I’ve had parts not fit together. Last one that I remember was a receiver end plate that didn’t play nicely with the receiver extension. Tolerance stacking can definitely come into play when building an AR pattern gun.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd do it for a cup of coffee and I'd even let you watch.....

Yeah... Back up to that $125 price point.

anim_coffee.gif

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for a ballpark on the labor only to assemble an AR-15 complete lower. This would be just for labor only. The stripped lower, LPK, pistol grip, buffer tube assembly, and buttstock would all be provided for assembly.
How many need to be assembled? Sounds like a reason to unpack a tool box. A couple beers oughta cover it.