What is the deal with OKC area storm shelter companies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having some real issues tracking down a company that will even come out to examine if a shelter is possible where I want it. Our garage is small, and every company just wants to come out and build the thing without even looking. That would be fine if the standard would work but we need something a little different.

Flat safe said they will call back with an appointment, but I am halfway doubtful I will hear back.

Anybody have a company they have used that is not going to make a huge fuss out of coming out and examining my property before bringing out an excavator and digging a hole?

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that is the sense I was getting,

"we are too busy and have plenty of customers so there is no need to come out and see if we can make something work on your property"

pretty unfortunate, managed to get ahold of someone at bigstormshelters and they also said they will have someone call me back.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its pretty bad. Flat safe rubbed me the wrong way and so I went with Ground Zero. I've been getting mixed information but got a tentative date of april 24th on the books. I am supposed to get a followup email anytime just like I was supposed to get a followup call last time, but instead I had to call 10 times to even speak to some one and then got bounced around a lot.

Needless to say, If it weren't for my wife nagging I'd put it off for a while...

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the storm shelter companies come in today to pay a bill. One of the guys told me that they installed #200 and 201 yesterday for the year. I asked how soon I cound get them to put one in. He said if they had no rain days and everything went perfect, he could maybe get to me around the end of June, or First of July.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I scheduled mine back in the first week of March and the earliest I could get was April 16th....'tis the season and if you snoozed you lose.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having some real issues tracking down a company that will even come out to examine if a shelter is possible where I want it. Our garage is small, and every company just wants to come out and build the thing without even looking. That would be fine if the standard would work but we need something a little different.

Flat safe said they will call back with an appointment, but I am halfway doubtful I will hear back.

Anybody have a company they have used that is not going to make a huge fuss out of coming out and examining my property before bringing out an excavator and digging a hole?

Call Biggs backhoe. They are great people to work with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom