What is this Model 29-2 worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See the pics, it's SN says it's a 1980 Model 29-2. Has the pinned barrel and recessed cylinder. The timing looks good, very little wear and tear. Trigger is nice in both SA and DA. Comes with the wooden case and the cleaning tools. Found it at a local pawn shop, just want to know his price is decent.
IMG_8200.JPG

IMG_8201.JPG

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. If that's priced anywhere near 800 bucks you better get it even if you have to sell a kidney. That should easily sell north of a thousand, maybe way north. Maybe join and post your question on smith-wessonforum.com There are some Smith gurus over there.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. If that's priced anywhere near 800 bucks you better get it even if you have to sell a kidney. That should easily sell north of a thousand, maybe way north. Maybe join and post your question on smith-wessonforum.com There are some Smith gurus over there.
Probably right............ I forgot about the presentation case...........

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say easily 900 to possibly 1200 where is this pawn shop I want to see the other revolvers they have in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docohm

Maximus Shooterist
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got it yesterday for $1000 out the door. He has several other pistols and revolvers. I-Deal Pawn at the corner of 4th and South in Ponca City, OK. It's a new store...

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW! I'll have to remember that. I've got one of those bought new in '77 and I've put less than 200 rds thru it and 2 unfired 8&3/8 nickel model 57's it the wood boxes. I got one that I haven't looked at in so long I don't even remember what it is. It's a commemorative something another engraved and has a bowie knife in the case with it. Back in the 70's-80's I was hot on S&W and bought up a bunch.