What is this thing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do I win?

It's this:

Spit and Gaff Hook Kit: This little kit contained a sectional pole, a fish-spear head, and threegaff hooks. There were instructions on how to assemble the pieces for use as a meat roasting spit, pole spear, pole gaff, and oversized treble gaff hook. The sharp pieces came in a small metal can.

------------

WWII SPIT GAFF HOOK FISHING ASSEMBLY

Gaff Hook Assembly with the tin container it comes in as well as the instruction sheet for both the gaff assembly and the Spit.

Printed on the box which contains the spit is: SPIT ASSEMBLY PARTS NO. SGA 43-27 The Spit consists of Spit Handle; Three Spit Extensions and One Spit Point. Ends are threaded so that the can be screwed together to form a Spit for use in Roasting Meat, Birds or Fish Over Open Fire. By using the Spit Handle and Spit Point a Short Weapon or Digging Tool is easily made. Spit parts can be used with Gaff Hook Assemblies for Various Uses . On the back of the box is printed Manufactured by the AMERICAN DISPLAY CO., DAYTON, OHIO, USA.

Instruction sheet on HOW TO USE SPIT AND GAFF HOOK ASSEMBLIES states: SPIT ASSEMBLED FULL LENGTH FOR THREE DIFFERENT USES FOR ROASTING MEAT, BIRDS OR FISH OVER OPEN FIRE ASSEMBLED FOR USE AS A FISH SPEAR ASSEMBLED AS A GAFF HOOK FOR FISH

---------

[Broken External Image]

Dang. You are good.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HMFIC won. He won something, I don't know what quite yet. I am somewhat dissappointed he had to Google it instead of knowing what it was off the top of his head.................

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll take it to Vegas to Pawn Stars like "Johnny" said. I'll start at $200 and maybe I'll get the $10 it's worth.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC won. He won something, I don't know what quite yet. I am somewhat dissappointed he had to Google it instead of knowing what it was off the top of his head.................

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll take it to Vegas to Pawn Stars like "Johnny" said. I'll start at $200 and maybe I'll get the $10 it's worth.

I'm just kidding, I always ask what I won in these "what is it" threads. :)

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem just kidding too. I do give you full credit! You should have heard me describe this thing as a "sharp-pointed-three-hooked-with-arrowhead-in-the-middle-thingy"

Latest posts

Top Bottom