What is up with Ford?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a truck in September and knew it would take a while, that I get. BUT, I received an email that the "build was complete and shipping was being arranged" on March 26. Still no truck.

The dealer has no idea and he can't get an answer either from Ford. It is just bizarre, I have money to give them and they can't seem to get it from KC to OKC for two months now.

I just do not get why it takes going on three months to ship a completed truck that has been built, waiting for a customer ready to pay for it. Of course, I replied to the email and no one answered. There is no number to call. Argh.... rant over.

Anyone else experience this?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered a truck in September and knew it would take a while, that I get. BUT, I received an email that the "build was complete and shipping was being arranged" on March 26. Still no truck.

The dealer has no idea and he can't get an answer either from Ford. It is just bizarre, I have money to give them and they can't seem to get it from KC to OKC for two months now.

I just do not get why it takes going on three months to ship a completed truck that has been built, waiting for a customer ready to pay for it. Of course, I replied to the email and no one answered. There is no number to call. Argh.... rant over.

Anyone else experience this?
It's been like that since covid. We waiting 1.5y on a bronco, finally got built and it sit in Dearborn for a a month. Then it took two weeks to get from Dearborn to St. Louis, it sit in St. Louis for 2 weeks. Tracking showed that it was finally on the move again and supposed to be in OKC in a week. The very next day the dealer in El Reno called and said it was on the lot and we could pick it up any day lol. Point being, Ford doesn't even know exactly where their stuff is many times. First world problems I guess.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the dealer give you the VIN number of the truck you ordered?

If not, ask for it. You might have to call Ford.

If you have it some friendly Ford place can check the VIN number for you.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the dealer give you the VIN number of the truck you ordered?

If not, ask for it. You might have to call Ford.

If you have it some friendly Ford place can check the VIN number for you.
Yes they did. I can’t find a number to call Ford but will dig deeper and do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom