What is wrong with us?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I originally was posting this on another thread, but figured i'd start my own as to not whack anyone else's...so here goes:

Doesn't everyone realize that we're cutting our own damned throats by doing this??????? You think for one minute that the supply vs demand pricing isn't going to kick into effect with ALL retailers soon if we don't stop this crap? Then we'll all be on here bitching and moaning and jumping up and down about the prices going up...well DUH..............how long do you think you can STAND IN LINE WITH 30 OTHER PEOPLE foaming at the mouth to buy ANYTHING and sooner or later the SUPPLIER not saying..."Yanno...i bet they'll pay this or that for this item".

I've been in a ammo soup kitchen line three times because i needed something in particular....didn't buy "my limit" any of those times. Even that was feeding the sharks, so i have been as guilty as anyone...but if we'd QUIT making these SHOWS of buying freaking ammo, this problem would dissolve. If we'd QUIT standing in a 20 person line and just stop by the ammo counter when we happened to be in the store and buy a box here and there there would be STOCK AGAIN, and maybe they'll leave the prices alone.

WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES!!

We are creating and feeding the monster we're trying to kill.

This isn't meant to single out anyone, i even added myself into the mix....but i tell you what. I don't care how bad i want, need or THINK I NEED ammo....i won't be standing in any damned line to get it anymore. I like shooting as much as anyone...so does my wife and kids, but i'll not be part of it anymore. Talk about SHEEP.....that's exactly what we're being.

For the "I'm gunna get MINE" crew.........quit being a dumbass and soon you can have all you want. You're playing this stupid game at the expense of everyone else and the hobby you love! You're shooting yourself in the damn foot!

And to you "BUSINESS OWNERS" or however you want to justify what you're doing....that are buying it then turning around a jacking the prices up and selling it in your "establishments" and even on here.....You are sickening. Yeah, Yeah...I understand all about free enterprise and all that crap, so skip the lectures on THAT...it's the point. And anyone buying ammo at those jacked up prices unless it's a possible life or death instance where you don't have ANY and you need it for hunting or defense....you need to stoppit! STOP and it'll return to normal MUCH MUCH quicker. Quit making it PROFITABLE for these jackwagons to stand in line at WM and flip the ammo over to you at some crazy ass price.

STOPPIT!!!!! just STOP!

Rant Off........

NOTICE: remember: Due to high ammo and fuel prices all death threats and hate mail must be accompanied by a 10 dollar processing fee. : )

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i.imgur.com_yP30MCB.gif

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
everyone should get ammo and everyone should get gin. Obviously the prices should be regulated.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I originally was posting this on another thread, but figured i'd start my own as to not whack anyone else's...so here goes:

Doesn't everyone realize that we're cutting our own damned throats by doing this??????? You think for one minute that the supply vs demand pricing isn't going to kick into effect with ALL retailers soon if we don't stop this crap? Then we'll all be on here bitching and moaning and jumping up and down about the prices going up...well DUH..............how long do you think you can STAND IN LINE WITH 30 OTHER PEOPLE foaming at the mouth to buy ANYTHING and sooner or later the SUPPLIER not saying..."Yanno...i bet they'll pay this or that for this item".

I've been in a ammo soup kitchen line three times because i needed something in particular....didn't buy "my limit" any of those times. Even that was feeding the sharks, so i have been as guilty as anyone...but if we'd QUIT making these SHOWS of buying freaking ammo, this problem would dissolve. If we'd QUIT standing in a 20 person line and just stop by the ammo counter when we happened to be in the store and buy a box here and there there would be STOCK AGAIN, and maybe they'll leave the prices alone.

WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES!!

We are creating and feeding the monster we're trying to kill.

This isn't meant to single out anyone, i even added myself into the mix....but i tell you what. I don't care how bad i want, need or THINK I NEED ammo....i won't be standing in any damned line to get it anymore. I like shooting as much as anyone...so does my wife and kids, but i'll not be part of it anymore. Talk about SHEEP.....that's exactly what we're being.

For the "I'm gunna get MINE" crew.........quit being a dumbass and soon you can have all you want. You're playing this stupid game at the expense of everyone else and the hobby you love! You're shooting yourself in the damn foot!

And to you "BUSINESS OWNERS" or however you want to justify what you're doing....that are buying it then turning around a jacking the prices up and selling it in your "establishments" and even on here.....You are sickening. Yeah, Yeah...I understand all about free enterprise and all that crap, so skip the lectures on THAT...it's the point. And anyone buying ammo at those jacked up prices unless it's a possible life or death instance where you don't have ANY and you need it for hunting or defense....you need to stoppit! STOP and it'll return to normal MUCH MUCH quicker. Quit making it PROFITABLE for these jackwagons to stand in line at WM and flip the ammo over to you at some crazy ass price.

STOPPIT!!!!! just STOP!

Rant Off........

NOTICE: remember: Due to high ammo and fuel prices all death threats and hate mail must be accompanied by a 10 dollar processing fee. : )

Preach on Brother!

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with your statement is the use of the word "we". You said we are our worst enemies. Well define who we is. Not everybody who owns a gun is a "gun person" and I would be willing to bet that some of these people waiting in line all the time dont even own a gun. There are people out there who will try to make a buck regardless if how it is done. My point is that I don't think the we who is causing the problem contains quite as many of the we as you think. We, we, we, we, we, we.......

That was fun.

I was in an academy before all the madness and ended up talking to the guy at the fishing reel counter. He was telling me how he would take and buy up a bunch of one of the deep sea reels they had there and then go to Florida for vacation and sell them for about 3x what he paid. He then went on to say that he didn't even fish, jut saw an opportunity to make a buck. I bet there is a lot of that going on.

Regardless remember that this too shall pass.

@toehanus

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have never stood in line to buy ammo, or anything else. Well... maybe a snow cone or Indian taco.:)

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL I've stood in lots of lines.......

Just so ya'll know....I ate a snickers and felt better.. : )

snickers.jpg

Last edited:

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pick some up here and there if the price is reasonable, but I never did get into the whole line thing. I think that unless you're gearing up to assault Pakistan or something, being at Walmart at 0600 to buy two boxes of ammo at inflated prices make you stupid.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with your statement is the use of the word "we". You said we are our worst enemies. Well define who we is. Not everybody who owns a gun is a "gun person" and I would be willing to bet that some of these people waiting in line all the time dont even own a gun. There are people out there who will try to make a buck regardless if how it is done. My point is that I don't think the we who is causing the problem contains quite as many of the we as you think. We, we, we, we, we, we.......

That was fun.

I was in an academy before all the madness and ended up talking to the guy at the fishing reel counter. He was telling me how he would take and buy up a bunch of one of the deep sea reels they had there and then go to Florida for vacation and sell them for about 3x what he paid. He then went on to say that he didn't even fish, jut saw an opportunity to make a buck. I bet there is a lot of that going on.

Regardless remember that this too shall pass.

@toehanus

I weathered the shortages in 94 as a dealer. It was tough to keep the doors open without jacking the prices.
The dealers that jacked their prices are still in business today, those that didn't aren't.
There are several distributors with lots of ammo in stock. But, you have to "pay to play".
The reasonably priced ammo from non-pay to play distributors slowly trickles in to the non-jacking dealers but it may not be fast enough for them to keep their doors open.

This and the fact many dealers don't want to be caught with a lot of overpriced inventory is why your seeing so many empty shelves.

I applaud dealers who are trying to survive without jacking prices, but you will see as their overall inventory shrinks they will be unable to restock because their restocking capital will be ate up by overhead.

Big box and internet sellers will survive because their business does not depend on gun and ammo sales alone. Not like a mom and pop gunshop.

Back when they discontinued Black Talons/starfires we had a rush on them. Dozens of people came in and would buy them all up and tell you they didn't even own a gun. they were making an investment.
That made it tough to supply people who actually wanted some for self defense.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pick some up here and there if the price is reasonable, but I never did get into the whole line thing. I think that unless you're gearing up to assault Pakistan or something, being at Walmart at 0600 to buy two boxes of ammo at inflated prices make you stupid.

Walmart has not iflated their prices. Only set a 3 box limit to cut down on the duchebaggery that Jon is talking about.
Inflated prices are at a few of the gun stores around. Many are listed on members posts here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom