Start stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember 7.62x39 ever being that cheap. The cheapest I remember paying was about $70/1000 back in the late 80's. Of course, the internet wasn't like it is now. Outdoor America was the best place to buy bulk ammo and at guns shows. Ads in Shotgun News were always a little better than what you found locally, but I didn't do mail order back then.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember 7.62x39 ever being that cheap. The cheapest I remember paying was about $70/1000 back in the late 80's. Of course, the internet wasn't like it is now. Outdoor America was the best place to buy bulk ammo and at guns shows. Ads in Shotgun News were always a little better than what you found locally, but I didn't do mail order back then.
Early 2000s you could get the 1200 (think it was 1200??) round crates for $65. Yugo SKS was $89.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A pallet of rifles was like 175 of them and the pallet of ammo was around 40k rnds.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We find ourselves kind of in a lull right now. Ammo availability is pretty good. It's at this time that people need to start stacking their ammo. I think that they're going to run another shortage at some point and they will be Panic buying all over again. And people will say well I wish I would have bought more when the prices were such.
Yep, get all you can. Its unlikely you burn through 500 rounds as an individual for self defense, but you just never know how chaotic things may get. Unfortunately, the 2A world is not unified and gougers love an opportunity to make funds off of fear and panic buying.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, get all you can. Its unlikely you burn through 500 rounds as an individual for self defense, but you just never know how chaotic things may get.
The one lesson that should have been driven home in the last decade is this:

Ammo or primers or powder will get you whatever you want or need.
Money will not necessarily get you ammo or primers or powder.

Sub lesson:
Buy primers. Many powders can be made to work, but without primers nothing goes bang.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We find ourselves kind of in a lull right now. Ammo availability is pretty good. It's at this time that people need to start stacking their ammo. I think that they're going to run another shortage at some point and they will be Panic buying all over again. And people will say well I wish I would have bought more when the prices were such.
I think pretty much the opposite - components are becoming much more available, shelves are mostly full, ammo is showing up on sale, prices are dropping because warehouses are filling up, the dems won't be able to cheat as much, Republicans will run our Country for the next 12 years and all this stuff will get cheaper and cheaper.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think pretty much the opposite - components are becoming much more available, shelves are mostly full, ammo is showing up on sale, prices are dropping because warehouses are filling up, the dems won't be able to cheat as much, Republicans will run our Country for the next 12 years and all this stuff will get cheaper and cheaper.
Quit gaslighting us.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Early 2000s you could get the 1200 (think it was 1200??) round crates for $65. Yugo SKS was $89.
I remember Norinco SKSs for 69 bucks....
K98 Russian captures for 99
Turk 98s for 39.99
Swedish 96s for 99
K31s - again, 99.

I'm fortunate to have lived through the best mil-surp age.

Latest posts

Top Bottom