What is your favorite steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Cattle Exchange - Canadian TX, is the best steak I have ever had.

While the Cattle Exchange is good, I'd rate it more in line with the Barn Door in Odessa, or maybe one of the better steaks at the Big Texan in Amarillo. I haven't found any better steak in Texas (and if we're talking about steak, you might as well exclude everything outside TX) than the Taste of Texas in Houston.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, wife and I went to Ken's steakhouse tonight for an early dinner....first off...glad I got there 10 mins to 4 or I might not have gotten in and seated...there was a group of 20 or more that came in behind us that took up one half of the room...then they just trickled in until we were finished..there was a line out the door.

The food wasn't bad...steak (sirloin) was nice, thick and juicy, cooked to a perfect medium....salad bar is simple, but it did its job....overall, I liked it, not the best steak I've ever had, but I would go back again...the staff was super friendly and on the spot with drink refills, ribs and bread. Next, i'll try the Prime Rib.

They do a good job with it considering it is sirloin. I wish they offered a few better cuts. I usually get the Prime Rib and love it. You have to get there early for Prime Rib, as they used to sell out pretty quick.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I love saltgrass. I have eaten many steaks from many different places and they are my fave. I ate at cattlemans and wasnt impressed. And their salad sucks.

We tried Saltgrass for the first time last Saturday. I had read here that the one on 240 wasn't up to par, but since I wasn't planning on getting steak, and it was on the way home from the girls swim meet, I though we would try it out.

It was not a good experience.

We arrived at around 4pm and the place was almost empty, and it still took the hostess several minutes to decide where to seat a party of five.

Once seated it took awhile for the waitress to get our order, and then it took a long while to get our food.

When we got our food, mine was incomplete and room temperature, and my wife's was prepared wrong.

After a couple more tries by the waitress, I had to flag down a manager to get our food order corrected.

The manager made it right, and took 50% off our bill, which would have been $65 for two kids meals, a chicken sandwich, and a chicken strip dinner.

Next time I will follow other's advice and try a different location.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not about to put the Black Angus chain up for best steakhouse, but I think this picture is a good reminder of why restaurant managers should keep an eye on their signage.

Neon Sign.jpg

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned Eddies in Tulsa yet.
Their steaks are better than 2 inches thick and a sirloin weighs in at about 3 pounds for $20.

It may be just me but I find all of these restaurants, Eddies, Jamils, Freddie's, all to be pretty dirty and run down. It could be just because I haven't been to one in over 8 years. My favorite for around here is Mahogany.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#1 Ribeye from Sam's off my grill
#2 Filet from Charlestons. Best value IMO and somewhere I go a few times a month.
#3 Molly's Landing 1872 Ribeye
#4 Mahoganys bone in Ribeye. Be ready for a $150+ for 2. Really a special occasion place for the "experience". I'm happily satisifed with any of the above.
#5 Flemmings for the crème brûlée

Latest posts

Top Bottom