What is your favorite steakhouse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to try some of these places y'all say are good in Tulsa. I've been to about every one you guys have mentioned in OKC, and none can hold a candle to Cattlemen's filet, but I really am open to finding one that can do better, honest. When I go out of town, I try to eat at the best steakhouse in whatever city I'm in, but nobody has done better yet. Some have been about as good, though. The chateaubriand at Bern's in Tampa was really excellent. Having said all that, I haven't been to too many big cities. I generally try to avoid the places.

I just can't get by the flys in there. Been at Cattlemans three times. Mid winter and summer.
I was warned about the flys before the last time in mid winter. I called BS but sure as hell,they were there

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally I find restaurants screw up steak every way possible. However, I've actually got a decent steak from Longhorns which is unheard of for a chain. Trappers has a very good prime rib usually but if you do happen to get a tougher piece they are happy to bring you another (great service). The absolute worst steak I ever had was Cattleman's "Presidential". The filet section was tender as to be expected but the strip side was so tough it was impossible to chew and all the steak was hospital bland. The flies, on the other hand, flocked the food...I let them have it and haven't been back.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Cattlemen's Monday night and had one of the worst steaks I have ever had a restaurant. I ordered the 18oz T-Bone and Shrimp special they had going. The steak was incredibly thin and 8 ozs of the weight must have been in the bone. It had the crossed grill marks on each side, but it was almost grey between them. It was tender and cooked as I ordered, but it was just too weak looking to be a t-bone.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prime Steakhouse in downtown Tulsa. Owned by the same young man that owns Junipers. Pricey, but so awesome it is worth it. They spell Prime something like Phryme. It's at 2nd and main.

This. +1.

Phryme is owned by Justin Thompson from Junipers. Downtown. Excellant food and service. Choice of wet or dry aged, grain and grass fed. Long wine list. Pricey yes, but its worth it to splurge on your self every now and then because if you work then you deserve it- just bring a credit card to this place. And make reservations. www.http://prhymetulsa.com

Dooleys Angus Inn Main Street BA. Old skool service, decent prices, great steaks.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Ranch dominates every place in OKC
Then probably Mahogany. Ive been to Mickey Mantles literally probably 50 times and i just dont like it.
For Prime Rib as crazy as it sounds Outback probably has the best in okc. Medium rare with Tiger Dill its unreal just had some last night.
Ive personally gotten to the point where i just go buy a whole Rib Roast and Cut 2.5-3 inch steak off of it or a Short Loin and do the same and just crank up my grill 5 minutes on each side and bam the juiciest best steak in the world and its done at 1/10th of the cost of a steakhouse.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mickey Mantles was absolutely the worst steak i've ever had in my life, bar none. What made it even worse was I took my fiance there the night I proposed to her, they gave me a free dessert though, how sweet of them when they can't cook a $50 steak.

#1 Mahogany
#2 Boulevard
#3 I'll have to go with Texas Roadhouse only because it's cheap and decent

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GC cooked rib eyes on the grill last night -- with hickory chunks for just a little smoke. I had forgotten just how good a steak from GC's Grill was -- it's been that long. I really need to get him to do that more often ... Mmmmmmmm ... :drooling:

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went to Cheever's on 23rd street okc, got the steak and eggs for brunch. It was Fantastic, most restaurants take "rare" to mean "medium rare" but they got it spot on. Bloody Mary wasn't bad either

Latest posts

Top Bottom