What is your opinions of comments by Jenks PD chief.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Statistics would show that about one out of every five officers that are killed are killed with an assault-type rifle. We are being out-armed and out-manned in regard to these type of weapons day in and day out.

Nonsense. Show me some proof or it's just more rhetoric.

M2145

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It looks like our dumbass President would make sure our police got their ammo. Maybe he's afraid they will side with the people when they come after our guns.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the Congress critters are pressing Janet Reno to explain why it is that Homeland Security needs 1.6 billion rounds and local police agencies can't get access to the ammunition themselves. So far, it seems that she is resisting making any explanations to the Congressmen.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the Congress critters are pressing Janet Reno to explain why it is that Homeland Security needs 1.6 billion rounds and local police agencies can't get access to the ammunition themselves. So far, it seems that she is resisting making any explanations to the Congressmen.

Some low level over-paid sleepy bureaucrat somewhere added too many zeros and kicked it up the food chain.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not seeing this DHS thing right, but "More than 70,000 agents"--lets say 80,000 shooting 1000 JHP's each year equals 80million a year, and the purchases have now gone over 2billion in last 16 months. Am I missing something?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how many rounds Jenks Police officers have actually fired in "on-duty" shooting situations(no training) in the last 5 years? Maybe 10, 12 rounds?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Napolitano not Reno

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Napolitano not Reno

Yeah, my bad. Had a brain f*rt.

As far as the issue of Homeland Security buying up ammo, Lee Matthews commented on that on his evening show. He stated that with all the Continuing Resolutions that Congress has done instead of doing a budget, there is language in each one for the purchase of ammo. Since they "have' to follow the language of the CR's, they then have to buy ammo every time they pass another CR.

I don't know if that is true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised that the government operated that way. Instead of going through a CR and removing unnecessary expenditures, they just keep doing more spending.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I want to thank the OP for posting without any spacing or paragraph breaks. Thank you for making your post so hard to read.

Second, screw the police chiefs that can't find a way to get ammo for their officers. They have plenty of resources and connections - way more than us average Joes. If they can't find a way to get training ammo for their departments, they're not trying hard enough.

Captain Mike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are all missing something. It's called the truth.
Maybe I'm not seeing this DHS thing right, but "More than 70,000 agents"--lets say 80,000 shooting 1000 JHP's each year equals 80million a year, and the purchases have now gone over 2billion in last 16 months. Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom