What kind of bullets are these?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The moly coating if put on as a dry coating (meaning without any oil or wax base) can cause the bore to rust. I reserve the moly coated bullets to my stainless barrels. If the moly coating is incorporated in a wax or oil base, it doesn't cause the moisture from the air to be attracted to it and hence the rust. I tumble some of the 223 bullets that I make from 22 rimfire jackets in moly powder, but again, I only shoot those out of stainless barrels and I do clean them thoroughly. Blitzfike

Rocketguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the bullet is spinning in the case it might be the seating die not being set properly. A semi auto rifle needs to have a tapered crimp on the case for proper feeding of the round. If you do not do this then the bullet can be pushed back into the case.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I bought some bullets a while back, that measure .222 - .223, rather than .223-.224. I have to set the crimp a little tighter than normal to keep them from spinning (or on some of them, falling into the case :eek:).

Latest posts

Top Bottom