What kind of grill do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charcoal only in this house.

I have a Chargriller I bought many years ago. Great grill, but uses a lot of charcoal.

Been thinking about also getting a little Weber for those times when I just need to grill a couple of steaks or a few burgers & dogs...

Deslock

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the Aussie works great, but now that I have more room (ripped up and through out an old hottub) I am wanting to expand the backyard usage this summer. I prefer charcoal, but sometimes I just am not in the mood to wait for the coals to burn down.. and I end up looking at these. But a Webber Performer is also a posibility as well.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to look at new grills, I know it's not the ideal time to shop but I've got an Aussie that I picked up last year because the old one rusted out, it was intended to just last a season & it served it's purpose well, but now I think I need to upgrade. I am looking for a dual fuel as I prefer charcoal, but sometimes I am just not in the mood to wait. I am looking at a Triton http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_513601_-1__?N=77985508
that Academy has, anyone have one of these, if not, what are you using, and where would you recomend shopping for a new one for the best deal?

I have a different brand of that grill and its awesome, had it for three seasons now, and keep it covered, no rust, and more than enough room to grill for the pre tailgate lunch party on game day!!!

Hooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone stole my Big Green Egg about 6 years ago while I was out of town. Man, do I miss it! Steak's and lobster on that thing were amazing. A nice 750 degree sear to start a steak off is the only way to go. Will own another one someday, for now I use a homemade tank grill which is nice for what it is, but just not the same as cooking on a Kamado style grill. Come on they use the same ceramic as was used on the shuttle's tiles. 750+ on the inside and still can touch the outside.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Char Broil with the infrared grates. It does a great job with steaks or burgers either.. I bought it at Lowes when they had the end of summer sale Labor Day. I think I saved about $150.00 on the sale price. I love it. It also has the side burner for beans or other cooking needs.

Love the infra red grills!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about making an Ugly Drum Smoker... We gave our grill away before moving here and need to replace it. Gonna look up some of the recommendations on this thread since some of 'em are new to me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom