What kind of grill do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Chargriller gas grill and added a side smoker/fire box. The gas grill uses the same body as the charcoal so it had the panel already there to add the side box. The gas is great for quickly doing hot dogs or burgers on a weeknight but I can build a fire and smoke a brisket or pork loin or cook over charcoal when I have the time.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another Plug for the Webers. I have a Genesis now. I had (and fully abused) the predecessor to the Spirit for 7-8 years and moved up on a deal I found on this Genesis. The old one still worked but I needed more cooking area. The searing station is a plus!

sdalover

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are grilling for the taste......Hasty-Bake/natural lump charcoal...flavorful perfection!

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 97

ibanda

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Someone stole my Big Green Egg about 6 years ago while I was out of town. Man, do I miss it! Steak's and lobster on that thing were amazing. A nice 750 degree sear to start a steak off is the only way to go. Will own another one someday, for now I use a homemade tank grill which is nice for what it is, but just not the same as cooking on a Kamado style grill. Come on they use the same ceramic as was used on the shuttle's tiles. 750+ on the inside and still can touch the outside.

Stealing a Big Green Egg should be a hanging offence! I love mine. Hard to convince someone to spring for the purchase price until they have been able to taste food off of one. I used to cook at the Big Green Egg Fests at Everything BBQ in OKC, where people could come check out some great food for free, but they seem to have quit hosting the events.

Latest posts

Top Bottom