What Pissed You Off Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions that are ready -- prescriptions I've been on for several years (this is important) ...

Pharm tech, who by all appearances does not identify with any biological gender: "Well you have 3 prescriptions ready, 3 you have called in and 2 that need to be reviewed and okay by your doctor right?"

Me, with a raging headache, literally so bad I am blind in my right eye, wondering why I don't just go ahead and blow my brains out and get it ovsr with: "No ... I didn't call anything in. My scripts are all on auto-refill. I have no clue about the 2 needing to be reviewed. I don't work here. I don't work at my doctor's office either."

Pharm tech: "Well let me have a chat with the pharmacist."

Me: "Sure" thinking to myself "Do I have a choice??"

Pharm tech: "Ok. I only have 3 prescriptions ready. Do you want to wait and pick EVERYTHING up in a couple of days? Come inside and wait for us to fill what we can? Or just go ahead and pick up the 3 that are ready now and come back in a couple of days for the rest of them?"

Me: :bigeye: "Let me just get what is ready to go. PLEASE."

Pharm tech: "Okay. If you will give me just a few minutes to gather them up I will be right back with you. Hang on ... It will just take me a few minutes to gather them up. There are 3 of them. Okay?"

Me: :bigeye::bigeye::bigeye: "That's fine."

Pharm tech: "Ok can I verify your address? Your total today will be $5. Is that okay? You want to pick these 2 (yes 2 not 3 that it has rambled on about for 20 minutes now) prescriptions today?"

Me: :bigeye::bigeye::bigeye: Handing over debit card to get covered in COVID germs "That's FINE."

Pharm tech: After it has my debit card "Oh wait. This has a pharmacist consult on it. I'll be right back. In just a minute."

Me: This is why Charles climbed the clock tower. :bigeye:

Pharm tech: "Ok. You do understand that you are not supposed administer this ketorolac to yourself, right?"

Me: OMG :bigeye::bigeye::smack::smash::pissed:"FINE!"

It hands me back my card and TWO prescriptions, not 3 and with that snippy Karen voice says "Well! Have a nice day, ma'am!"

OMG ... I don't call in scripts. They are on auto refill. None of my scripts were out of refills and I haven't seen any docs lately so there was nothing to be called in. I got a notification from Walgreen's that I had ONE script ready -- not the 3 it chatted about at length or the 2 it finally gave me. And I am not sure why Walgreen's will dispense medication AND syringes and needles and then tell me I am not allowed to inject myself. Go figure ...:scratch:
I was gonna say must be Walgreens but you confirmed it already.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions that are ready -- prescriptions I've been on for several years (this is important) ...
I've had something similar happen. A med I've been on for a few years, just an auto-renewal, not even a change in dosage, and I have to wait while they go find the pharmacist because it has, for some reason known only to God and CVS, been flagged for pharmacist counseling.

It's days like that when I miss my old pharmacy. They didn't have a drive-thru or auto-refills or anything online, but they knew me by sight and by name, and I never had to deal with any BS (at least not from them; the insurance companies and what they'd suddenly stop covering are a different story).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had something similar happen. A med I've been on for a few years, just an auto-renewal, not even a change in dosage, and I have to wait while they go find the pharmacist because it has, for some reason known only to God and CVS, been flagged for pharmacist counseling.

It's days like that when I miss my old pharmacy. They didn't have a drive-thru or auto-refills or anything online, but they knew me by sight and by name, and I never had to deal with any BS (at least not from them; the insurance companies and what they'd suddenly stop covering are a different story).

I do have to give the VA major credit. I never have to do anything but wait on the meds to arrive now. It used to require logging on and manually ordering the meds. They didn't send them out until the 90 days was looming though.
Now with the Traveling Vet Program, they send them wherever I'm located as long as I keep them updated on the location.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are on meds, pun intended, my doctor has prescribed me medication I had to take by injecting myself every week. The meds and syringes came, I injected myself now I cannot get any more because insurance is fighting it. I had a month's supply and have been off of it for three months with no resolution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom