what rear sights do you guys use for comp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey all. just wondering what type of rear sight you use on your comp gun and why? Im shooting an m&p with fo front site and stock rear site. What are your thoughts as far as doing the plain black sight in the rear vs fo also in the rear or keeping the white dots in the rear.? If I go plain what brands and sizes to you guys get?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like many, I much prefer the plain black rear with the FO front (old eyes).
Look at the M&P 9Pro sights.

I look at the rear sight too much anyway to want something else back there to catch my eye.
Front sight, press....front sight, press...

XDnOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like many, I much prefer the plain black rear with the FO front (old eyes).
Look at the M&P 9Pro sights.

I look at the rear sight too much anyway to want something else back there to catch my eye.
Front sight, press....front sight, press...

Dawson .100 fo front sight and plain black .125 on the rear for me. I found that the rear sight dots distracted me in sight alignment. Before I switched I used a sharpie to black out the rear sight dots to see if helped and for me it did.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems most of the young guys with good eyes prefer a plain black with shaved ears and a wide "U" shaped notch, such as the Warren Tactical sight. My old crappy eyesight much prefers the picture I get with a full Dawson FO front and rear.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Warren Tactical Sevigny sights. FO Front post and Plain Black rear. I've also used Dawsons and they work just as well, but I always prefer a relatively narrow FO front post, and plain black rear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom