What scope should i get? Trijicon Accupoint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey shooters,
Ive been looking around for a decent scope to put on my RRA 20in 1:9 twist AR. I really like trijicons EVERYTHING....lol. I have trijicon night sights for all my handguns, and a trijicon rmr. I figured that i would stick with trijicon for a rifle scope, they have a scope out called the accupoint. I just wanna know if anyone has any experiance with them and if they would recomend them. I hear it is a little on the heavy side. I really want a mil dot scope, no i have no experiance with a mil dot scope. Its mainly going to be for punching paper, and maybe hunting, if i decide to start this year. Would this scope be good for an ar rifle, i plan on buying a .308 bolt gun later and might transfere this scope over to it. The range that i plan to be punching paper with is 100-600yards. Not sure how well my rifle will do at 600yards but i figure why not try. The only experiance i have with scopes is with my tasco 3x9x40 that i have on a .22lr bolt gun (Im not really familiar with scopes at all). Its not a bad scope, but i know its not a quality scope. I looked through some ACOGs at the LGS and WOW was i amazed by the clarity of the lens. If you have a scope that you really like please do share?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Trijicon Accupoint TR24-3 on one of my AR's. Really, unless you are trying to do ultra-precision work beyond 400 yards, I would go with the 1-4x. You can bang 8" steel at 300-400 yards all day long with that, no problem. And it just makes the gun so much better for up close work having the true 1x.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're hunting, the TR20-2 is perfect. You'll probably never have the for 1x when hunting. 3x is perfect for a charging coyote. 9x is good for longer shots. For hunting, I'd stick with 3-9x.

I have two TR24's and the TR20. I use the 24's for 3 gun and the 20 for hunting. Just reference that I use them both.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the price range, I would look at the Vortex Viper PST line. Try to find one in FFP (it takes some of the extra work out). They are a VERY nice optic. You can also add ballistic turrets to it later if that's your thing. Although I find it better to get familiar with MIL's as you can use it on most applications. They offer a 1-4x, 4-16 (one I owned), and 6-25 I believe. Pick your poison.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I got my tr20-2 in the mail yesterday. The amber dot is pretty small, glass looks good. Hoping to go this weekend to shoot it. Thanks for the opinions guys.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tr20's dot is smaller than the tr24's. I like it for more precision work which you will no doubt be doing with a 3-9x optic. I'd be surprised if you found it to be too small. When I coyote hunt with it, in the heat of the moment i don't think I even "see" the crosshairs. After I shoot one and it's over, I replay it in my mind and all I see is that yellow dot on the coyote just as I squeeze the trigger. It's weird but it's like that everytime. It really does draw your eye to it and putting it on target seems faster and easier. I think you'll have a similar experience.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 20440
Top pic is at 50 yards. I was shooting rem 55grn. On a bench with a bipod on my rifle, didn't have sandbags. View attachment 20441
second pic is at 100 yards, same ammo. Just thought I'd share, I know its nothing special but IT WAS FUN!!!! I was also hitting steel out to 500 yards. The amber dot seems to be perfect, its not too small, its just the right size and very visible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom