Tasco Rifle Scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Tasco is by no means a top-of-the-line scope, it's just what was on the gun when I bought it. Honestly, it's more scope than I like. I would probably be happy with a 4-16 or 4-20 power. The rifle is a Savage 112 in 300 Win Mag, but I really don't have any plans to shoot 1000 yards.

Not really a big deal, I may decide to replace the scope anyway.
Tasco has actually made a few scopes over the years that rival the big expensive names & are sought after by those who know. The Tasco Titan series scopes come to mind, the original " super sniper" scopes were actually built by Tasco under contract , there's others also.

If you want to replace that scope with something else I'd highly recommend the Meopta Optika5 series & you said 4-20 I have the Optika5 4-20x50 Rd it's that cat's meow in my opinion. They're not made in China or the Philippines but Czechoslovakia and in my opinion are heads above 90% of vortex & Bushnell scopes that I've owned or used. * A side note the premier Bushnell scopes are respected around the world, don't make the mistake of assuming they're anything like the more budget lines & their best scopes are amazing optics actually. I've never been impressed with vortex but some folks love them... Maybe it's like the Ford vs Chevy thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Meopta has produced scopes for Zeiss and other European makers and they provide components for & contract work for most European optics companies. Meopta has more expensive models than the Optika5 that are as good as anything on the planet if $ is no problem but they also make more budget friendly lines that are a great value as well

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom