What should I trade my Kimber for???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be sure to use plenty of +P and +P+ ammo...

That's why I listed some JHPs. :D

and the EMP is at least $100 too expensive for what it is if you ask me...

Can you name a micro 9mm or .40 cal 1911 in the $950-$1000 price range that comes with night sights, 3 QUALITY mags, tool steel ignition, with that level of fitting? I can't.

Its definitely not from one example - check out stories on the modern M1As that are used for competition, I have personally seen 3 Springfield 1911s fresh out of the box that needed a little tweaking to get them working (these were not GI models, but nicer, more expensive 1911s), I've spoken to the good Dr. Barry Greyson about the number of Springfield frames that are out of spec that come across his work bench, etc...

Barry has seen a few, but I'd imagine if I threw out a NUMBER of names Barry could pick them apart with experiences. He's a perfectionist, and that's a good thing. Here's the thing though, I talk to Barry quite often and I remember that story about ONE frame, Springfield made it right. Try that with Kimber, Sig etc. In fact if we are to consider tolerance stacking etc, Kimber and again.... especially Sig take the cake so to speak.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never seen a 9mm 1911 that was not a jam-o-matic. the 1911 was designed around a certain C.O.L. and it tends to not like anything shorter. Perhaps if some one was willing to learn how to time the mags and recoil springs to make one work they would be OK. But your average ccw holder is not gonna take that amount of intertest in their weapon.

I assume you speak from experience but I don't know that for a fact. I can speak from experience. My Pro Carry II 9mm has be perfect with about 1500 rounds. I am sure there are examples of any brand of guns not running right but I can only speak for my Kimber. I will concede that it has always had a Wilson ETM magazine in it

BC

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a 9mm fanboy and having shot most all of them at one time or another, I always come back to Glock.

A Glock 17 with a Bar-Sto barrel, Dawson sights, grip tape and a good trigger job will do just about anything you need a 9mm for. If you want a CCW, get a 19 or 26.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well since no one has mentioned it, get yourself a MkIII Browning HP. Still has all the controls your used to, 13+rds 9MM, and SA with ambi-safeties, OH yeah very, very accurate!!!
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom