Whats a good .22 pistol for fiancee to start with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the replies! Looks like theres more options than I thought.... One question is the .22 conversion for the glock only for the G17?

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure you can rent some .22s to try at a range near you.
One thing I believe: If you don't like the way it feels in your hand or the way it looks when you look down the barrel, you will never be happy with the way it shoots, no matter if you shoot all bulleyes.
I'd let her pick one out.
I'd vote no on Sig Mosquitos & Walther P22s. I have both & they both have too many failure to feeds on weaker shooters.
I don't have a Buckmark (yet) but I do have a Ruger .22 Standard, I've never had a failure with it, and it gobbles anything I buy.

royallbinky

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While my first rcomendation, along with several others is the Ruger 22/45, I will tell you what I ran into with my wife. We bought her the Ruger, and while she likes it, she hates having to load the magazines because it hurts her thumbs. I still need to get her a loader to help with that problem, but in the mean time she shot a couple of the 22 revolvers my Dad has and really enjoyed that. I guess my point is, don't rule out a good wheel gun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom