What's in a name?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was picked because I had the latest issue of the 'Hangfire' sitting in front of me when I registered.....'Hangfire' is the name of the monthly newsletter that Tri City Gun Club sends out to members.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a retired squid from Oklahoma who got tired of marching every where while in the Army.

Marching I did not mind and I was always of the idea that if we spent more time shooting and practicing with bayonets we would not have to be spending so much time preparing to run!! Too Kill, too Kill , too kill without mercy! Hooooaaaah! Smart ass butterbar trumped my argument with "soldier we are preparing to run into battle, do you see any French uniforms in this formation" :mosh::cool:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first went online in 1995, I needed a nickname. I worked at a cable company's local origination channel doing local programming, including local news. That was at a time when Panasonic had a video camera they called the "Nighthawk." I thought that changing the "night" to "news" sounded cool so I called myself Newshawk. When I moved to Oklahoma, Valor Telephone's DSL service had the name open but when I switched to Cox, the nick was claimed so I added "OK" to the beginning--thus I became OKNewshawk.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My user name came from my love of the Colt M1873 originally designed and manufactured for the US Cavalry for the Indian Wars, perhaps due in fact that I had ancestors on both sides of the field. The M1873 began the Single Action Army class of which the civilian Single Action was later produced for the wild and wooly West.

The SAA has a fascinating history and heritage in America. I have my Grandad's M1873 issued in 1874, and decommissioned in 1912. It has been in the family ever since.

Firearms were always tools in my family, and well, I always liked tools. I owned 29 S&W revolvers when my wife and I were married, not to mention the other tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom