What's in your pack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the situation. Typically I try to keep it as little as possible and even try to leave the pack in the truck. It just makes things easier.

Water bottle full, water bottle empty (required as full bottle gets emptied), stocking cap (warmth of another layer without the bulk), spare release, grunt call, extra gloves (I always seem to drop one after I get in the stand) , cell phone, 20ft rope, saw, range finder, binos, TP (cause you never know), orange tape, GPS, compass, snake bite kit (warmer months).

I'm sure I forgot an item or two, but these are just some basics. I try to get a way with as little as possible though.

lameduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the situation. Typically I try to keep it as little as possible and even try to leave the pack in the truck. It just makes things easier.

Water bottle full, water bottle empty (required as full bottle gets emptied), stocking cap (warmth of another layer without the bulk), spare release, grunt call, extra gloves (I always seem to drop one after I get in the stand) , cell phone, 20ft rope, saw, range finder, binos, TP (cause you never know), orange tape, GPS, compass, snake bite kit (warmer months).

I'm sure I forgot an item or two, but these are just some basics. I try to get a way with as little as possible though.

That's a pretty solid list, the only thing you left out was knife, and plastic gloves. I usually get in a hurry and do not use gloves but some people like them.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

...knife, snacks to munch on, camera. I know some guys like to take a book or something to read. You'll figure it out as you go. I take more when it's cold, much less when it's hot.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1

I usually keep one of those harness/rope deer dragging setups too - I've had to drag a deer out of the woods in a pretty hard to get to place once and it more than paid for itself.

I usually keep a cleaning knife in my pack just in case there's a check-station somewhere close and a buddies house that we can clean the deer at (I hunt near where my father-in-law lives and he's always good to go for helping me clean one).

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
depending on where i am hunting and how far away from civilization i am going to be depends on what i carry in my pack. when i used to hunt in Zoe, that would be down around the heavner/hodgen area i carried as much stuff as i could get in my pack because i would hunt far far away from the beaten path. all the main hunting items along with survival gear as well. water-2 bottles, energy bars, knives-folders and fixed blades, two lighters, matches, a small tarp, gloves, sometimes an extra sweat shirt, extra magazine for my pistol, extra rounds for my rifle, a couple of flashlights and batteries for those flashlights, GPS and batteries for the GPS, a basic first aid kit,walkie talkie, a couple of 50' lengths of para cord, space blanket, extra beanie, pair of socks, never forget some toilet paper, grunt call, cell phone, i usually carry my outdoors man's Bible. i am sure i am forgetting some things i used to carry with me but that is most of it.
where i hunt now i carry only the most basic items. knives-2 of them, flashlight and batteries, a couple of band aids, bottle of water, range finder, and binoculars.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a pretty solid list, the only thing you left out was knife, and plastic gloves. I usually get in a hurry and do not use gloves but some people like them.

I used a pair of plastic or latex gloves last year for the first time field dressing a deer and if I have my choice I'll never go with out them again! Although I forgot them last weekend and had to dress my doe with out em.:smash:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty good list. One other thing I keep in mine is one of those fold up Remmington hand saws. Real light and have used it to cut down 5" trees to clear up a shooting lane. Cheap too at around $15

Latest posts

Top Bottom