Hunting snacks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For them all day sits, what are you packing?
Who’s tempting fate with coffee?? Haha!

Usually jerky is a solid choice. But I had all mine ate up on the drive out last weekend.

Pulled out all the peanut M&M and sour gummy worms from the kid’s Halloween candy bags yesterday with Banana and a couple bottles of water.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to snack and warm up soups or canned food. Use the little buddy heater in the blind to stay warm and heat up food. Even made some instant coffee a time or two.
YouTube has lots of interesting videos of using the little buddy heaters to warm up or even cook food.
Yeah, I’ll get trashed for not using scent control, but I’m very conscious of the wind when doing it. When my scent and internal blind activities move across 1/2 mile of planted wheat field, I’m not to concerned about getting busted.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually it was jerky and trail mix and a bota bag for water. I like the bota cause it didn't make noise like a canteen.
wb-2__1__97920.1676714905.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few solid standbys:

1: ritz crackers
I tend to bring smoked kippers (bay harbor salt and pepper or rugenfisch mustard sauce are my favorites), and cheez wiz. My favorite combo. Bonus if you set the can out on your dash in the Sun or next to your blind heater if you’re boogie. If I’m feeling squirrelly I’ll slice some vidalia onion paper thin to put on top too.
I also like summer sausage and some good cheese.
2: nuts. I like custom making my own mix with the bulk bins at sprouts.
3: Jerky.
4: if I’m using the John yacht to get to my hunting spot, I’ll have a cooler with some pickles and apples usually.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am the worst about fasting when I go out hunting.
I never take water or food but I do not usually go thirsty or hungry out in the woods.
I have never hunted in the desert though.
Lush green woods and there is plenty to eat and usually some water out there.
Not like I will die without food or water for a day.

Some here may have health issues like blood sugar issues and must keep from passing out I assume.

Not fasting in my mind but going hunting Indian style.
If ya do not get any meat you do not eat.

Fresh warm meat cut right off the deer is actually pretty tasty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom