What's the next war look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You will not be able to buy face masks but you will be able shop at Home Depot and a bunch of young folks will be killed, maimed or messed up in the head annnnnd nobody will be able to answer "why". And don't forget all the propaganda spewing forth to tell you why we need to support this endeavor to thwart the evil badies...:grumble:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t believe the hype!

Imagine if Google was around when the aliens attacked and Henny- Penny narrowly avoided Foxxy-Woxxy!

Hopefully the first thing that goes is the internet because some of you warriors have already given up before the fight, goodness.
The only reason why I brought up the speculation was to paint the picture of what some people think they need to be prepared for. I’ve certainly done nothing of the giving up sort, however I am a realist and look at everything and distill what I believe out of it. I just take that stuff into consideration when trying to plan out what I would do in my head. The problem is, I don’t know a single person who was alive for/remembers world war 1 and 2, so there isn’t a lot of perspective on what it was like the last time around, and how it would be the same/different this time around.

So far I haven’t gotten any input on my questions though.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya, and I do wonder but I’m still employed by the DOD and find myself in awe on a regular basis about the capabilities of our military.

I joined back in 1985 and retired in 2006 from active duty, it took me a few years as a civilian to align my perspectives with our modern military but I’ve come around in a big way to support them. It’s not a popular stance amongst retirees but I’m almost certain I was a bigger knucklehead than those serving today, lol.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding your questions about posture and defense capabilities, I believe Uncle Sam has invested wisely in technology and when/if the time comes to shift to a wartime footing the professionals will come out of the woodworks.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as the preppers, they will take care of themselves either physically or mentally and curiosity will more than likely be their biggest enemy. When the information we all thrive on dries up to Pony Express speed those “In the know” will more than likely be the first to go away.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, there's lots of rumors and talk about China this and that. Illegal biolabs, buying up land, importing fentanyl, etc etc. Its not good, but that not the point of this post. I wanna talk about a major war with a major power, from a preparation viewpoint. Likely, it would be China, and I would not be surprised if there was an invasion of the US, which wouldn't be the main goal, but as a destabilization/demoralization tactic to allow them free reign to do as they wish elsewhere in the world. That would easily accomplished with 10-40,000 mediocre soldiers waging unconventional warfare. I could go into detail and my thoughts, but at the moment, I'll just share some articles that make for some good further reading.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/06/09/america-weapons-china-00100373
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/27/...a-would-reach-deep-into-american-society.html
But, invasion of the US or not, even the oldest guys here won't have memories of WW2 (I think?). What do you think it would look like from a home/preparation standpoint? Ration cards and fuel stamps again? What do you envision, and how do you plan to prepare for something like this?
Well . . . lots of opinions to share. Suggested reading: "Atlas Shrugged", "The Art of War", book of Revelations in the bible, any book explaining marxism, "Open Borders", etc. We are at least knee deep in the marxist movement of the one world order. Soros, obama, clintons, rothchilds, xi jinping, putin, and now all the corporations are together for this. Chaos, hatred, suppression, no freedoms, population reduction, monetary control, gun elimination, ethnic divisions, godlessness, has started already. It would be incredibly difficult to prep.
We need to stay armed and protective of a territory. But we are not organized. Individually they will take us out, but if we organized ourselves in HUGE numbers, we can probably maintain control.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Russia and China would invade Alaska across the Bering Straight while their people already here will be taking out power stations and lines, food distribution points, oil storage facilities.

China and Russia are both working to set up new trading partners in Africa and Asia so they are not dependent on the US for trade. That is one of the reasons Russia invaded Ukraine. It would give them a big boost in control of the world's food supply. China wants Taiwan to control semi-conductors. Plus one of their allies Iran could choke off a lot of the world's oil supply.
All in all we either need to give a major boost to production of all 3, and more, or we need to keep propping up countries like Ukraine. If not we are going to be in a world of hurt when it comes down.

Taiwan we just need to deliver the weapons they have already paid for.

OK... So the commie hordes have landed on the Seward Peninsula unmolested. Now what? Explain how they're gonna get their army and equipment across Alaska to either Canada or to the US. It's just not possible for that scenario to succeed. It would be much easier to go a southern route thru Mexico. Still pretty much impossible but at least they'd have a better than 0% chance of success. Might be as high as 1% chance of success...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're not going to war with China or Russia lol.....

China at the very least has figured out how to control us without firing a shot.

There's no reason to go to war with Russia and we don't have the balls for it even if there were.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure either Russia or China have enough confidence in replenishment at sea to attempt anything beyond their coastal defense. They visit foreign ports like Cuba and some South American countries but it’s not in any strength like our forward deployed fleets.

China is beginning to see some pushback on their Belt and Road initiative but some countries have sold their souls and China is in a hurry to make progress before freedom notices. I don’t think it’s too late but Africa and the Middle East will be Chinese before Alaska has to worry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom